New Yorkers warned to stay indoors as Manhattan's air quality rates among world's worst

5 Likes

And if you need to DIY one in a hurry:

19 Likes

If only Canada would have raked the leaves like the last guy recommended.

And wtf is she on about?

And I was wondering why my asthma and allergies were acting up early this morning when we were working just outside of Detroit. I really need to read those weather alerts.

And @RickMycroft is right about that filter box. I made one before covid with 4 merv 13 filters and a $20 box fan from Amazon, what a difference it made. I was able to sleep without needing my rescue inhaler. Of course getting rid of the cats might help but that’s not an option.

12 Likes

Climate cult Canada? Canada was outed for actively sabotaging climate treaties at the height of their government’s ownership by vol tar sands and other extractive industries.

This will unfortunately kill many people. We used to have it with smog until they banned coal.

Best of luck and look after yourselves and anyone you can.

14 Likes

For sure. It’s new to them which is why it makes headlines, but it’s something that is becoming more commonplace throughout the U.S.

4 Likes

We’re only at the grey haze and blood red sun when it is low in the sky out in Cleveland, but if I can taste it inside from here I can’t imagine how bad it is further east.

5 Likes

N95 masks, if you have them, work well for PM 2.5 filtration. Maybe you have some unused ones on hand leftover from our pandemic, which is either entirely over or still in progress or both.

Take good care, y’all.

12 Likes

I lived in Sydney through the 2019 bushfires, those pictures take me right back.

7 Likes

Can anyone explain what weird ass weather anomaly is exempting Boston Massachusetts from these freaky scenes?

2 Likes

I think the smoke got lost in Boston’s notorious traffic…

9 Likes

This morning was worse than yesterday. It reminds me of that time I forgot to open the flue when I started the fireplace. Sky is still light greige, but heavier smell of smoke, and definitely the air quality has noticeably decreased.

Be careful out there, everyone!

5 Likes

Looks like blade runner

Blade Runner 2049 Dust GIF

Stay safe everyone

13 Likes

A friend of mine says that they’re getting it a bit, but too bad. He also said it rained all week. :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

Masks are for liberals.

5 Likes

Breathe Out Deep Breath GIF by Progressive

9 Likes

We have it in the Shenandoah Valey now. Had a colleague’s son sent home from work due to intolerable air conditions. Really bad, man!

13 Likes

The nightmare zone has moved south, to Harrisburg PA

https://gispub.epa.gov/airnow/?contours=ozonepm&monitors=none&xmin=-11055851.771167241&xmax=-7832043.666212504&ymin=4232394.096961234&ymax=6233209.749353476&archivedates=06%2F07%2F2023&tab=current

6 Likes

9 Likes

Yeah, the wind patterns and the rain has really saved us in northeastern New England.

8 Likes

Clapping Reaction GIF

Mask Zorro GIF

Your move.
/s

ETA: added the sarcasm tag in case it was not obvious

5 Likes