News of the Times: Placebo Drug Craze Hits Teens

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/12/30/news-of-the-times-placebo-drug-craze-hits-teens.html

5 Likes

Schnauzer licking is a wild ride

9 Likes

I’m getting high off this comic, I’ve been dosed!

7 Likes

:heart: for the oregano.

4 Likes

Scary bit is the dosage of placebos are uncontrolled! Get hold of a high dose and one can become permanently duped.

9 Likes

These days, they’re cutting it with a ton of ersatz placebos.

8 Likes

For that homemade high, I’ve always been a fan of the grass :wink:

8 Likes

if only these kids had health coverage - maybe they wouldn’t have had to turn to such dangerous alternatives.

4 Likes

Did… did we round a bend?
Can things be funny again?
Please?

8 Likes

Since the federal government here in Canada decriminalized them, placebos are readily available, but in most provinces just from licensed outlets. The alarmist fears that they would be sold in every corner store have proven to be mostly unfounded.

Most popular are the homeopathic placebos, which get you just as high without the side effects.

5 Likes

One must be extra careful how you avoid getting a high dose. For instance. Do not dilute your placebo, that will only increase the dosage. This stacks, and repeatedly diluting it can get you a dangerously high dose of placebo.

5 Likes

You seem to have mistyped ‘doped’

1 Like

Siblings and I did that as kids. Not only that, but our parents enabled it. Every time we drove home from a visit to Disneyland-area amusement zones (Knotts Berry Farm, The Alligator Farm, etc) Dad stopped at a public park with a high, grassy hill and we kids repeatedly rolled down, trudged back up, and rolled down again, all for the chlorophyll and dizziness high. Look at us now, confirmed chlorophyll junkies. Nice going, folks. :frowning:

I recall us given reptilian rides at The Alligator Farm. Maybe the hillside high was to help us recover from the terror.

2 Likes

Bah!
Kids & their placebos are nothing compared to the deadly compound Dihydrogen Monoxide, and its evil twin Hydrogen Hydroxide; people everywhere are addicted to the stuff and don’t even know it!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.