Newspaper fires reporter over racist tweets after reporter came to national attention for exposing fundraiser's racist tweets

As i said already, this has been a wash of misleading dramatic internet theatrics by groups of people who never cared about either of two individuals actually involved (Carson and Calvin). People who had and have no ill will to each other and both used as placeholders for the internet mill.

2 Likes

I disagree. Read the registers profile on Carson. Read the reporters current buzzfeed interview.

This wasn’t obsessive digging. Its a cliff note at the end of a glowing article, done as routine by any reporter. Carson acknowledged as much. The reporter acknowledged as much. Neither kid had much say with how the rest of the internet decided to frame this.

But the internet’s symbol is a duck devouring its own milkshake-covered tail, so the story soon turned to poison.

I don’t necessarily need inside jokes or what have you to feel validated, but this a genius reference/turn of phrase.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.