Nicolas Cage to star as celebrity animal abuser Joe Exotic

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/04/nicholas-cage-to-star-as-celeb.html

5 Likes

Honestly this sounds like the perfect role for this stage of Cage’s career.

19 Likes

Nicely put.

4 Likes

I can only assume this move will somehow end in Cage either being eaten by or developing mastery over a small army of large cats.

4 Likes

Apparently, I’m the only one not seeing this?

9 Likes

Even casting the incomparable Kate McKinnon as Carole Baskin can’t make me want to watch a dramatization of animal abuse. To each their own.

Not complaining about the Rob mentioning it, and as usual his headline is on point. But I’m not looking forward to the trailers auto-playing every time I log into Netflix. I’d gladly pay an extra buck or two a month to be able to disable auto-play on Netflix. #FirstWorldProblems

11 Likes

15 Likes

True story: It was a few years after the fact that I found out Snakes On A Plane was an actual full length movie, and not just a parody trailer.

I am now making the conscious decision to believe that about this, and henceforth endeavor to go as long as I can without finding out either way.

9 Likes

With Nicholas Cage and animals, eating could go either way…

3 Likes

Not Danny Mcbride? Missed opportunity.

8 Likes

For the last ten years, perhaps longer, I have longed for a Nicolas Cage-Free streaming option for any movie made since, oh… call it 2006. Alas, the techology isn’t there yet.

1 Like

I honestly think like 8 or 9 times out of 10 when I see Nicholas Cage in a role I am like… whyyyyyy??? Or at the very least “Meh”.

1 times out of 10 he is PERFECT for the role.

This is one of those times.

10 Likes

A lot of people questioned his casting for Ghost Rider, but the truth is that he was able to save the studio a bundle on special effects by overacting so hard that his head burst into flames on its own accord.

ghost-rider

13 Likes

Just log into netflix via the web, click on manage profiles, and deselect the autoplay on any profiles you want. Then send a buck or two a month to your local food bank.

18 Likes

How many more movies with cages will feature Nicolas Cage?

All of them.

(Note, you misspelled “Nicolas”)

1 Like

Yay, that worked! Thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Danny McBride would always be winking at you while playing the part.

Nicholas Cage would commit.

11 Likes

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

No no no. How do you reward a psychopath? Give him exactly what he wants. The only way this works out for the best is to film the whole damn thing, then when the only copy of the data goes to the editing room, burn it down (while nobody is in it).

1 Like

All I could see when watching it was Michael Keaton in his twitchier moments.