Watch the Tiger King

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/30/watch-the-tiger-king.html

5 Likes

Netflix’s “animal harm” warning before the show even started put me off. So not interested in seeing that.

6 Likes

That’s the shortest, most uninformative recommendation I’ve read in a long time. And so yeah, I’m not any more interested in viewing the latest must-see shockfest than I was three minutes ago.

4 Likes

I genuinely cannot wait until the space this show occupies in my mind gets rewritten with something vastly more useful. Which could be literally anything. Anything at all. Fucking ninth grade Trump sonnets. ANYTHING: BRING ME IT

1 Like

In order to stay informed I have to read about narcissistic sociopaths all day. I am personally repulsed by people who read about them for pleasure. If he gets eaten by the tiger in the end then great, but I just need two paragraphs of text for that.

3 Likes

I have seen it. It has enough crazy for at least three Carl Hiassen books in there.

8 Likes

I can not watch a human / animal abused, no thank you.

6 Likes

I am only 4 episodes in. If you wrote a book with this plot line everyone would tell you get to get the fuck out of here with this unrealistic garbage. But, unlike Bigfoot, this is real!

Just when you can can’t think it can be any more bizarre, someone drops another revelation. “Oh yeah, you didn’t hear that blah blah blah?”

8 Likes

Unfortunately they seem to be using the show’s popularity to help spread our friendly neighborhood virus around:

5 Likes

13 Likes

So it’s Archer but a bit more gay?

11 Likes

Yeah we recently went to an animal rescue place that cleans up the suffering mess these places create. Do not want those assholes to get any more attention.

5 Likes

Mmmm… only a bit more.

The one thing I learned is people in this industry are into some kinky stuff (not that there’s anything wrong with that). Also, waaaaayyyyy too much grooming (something wrong with that.)

2 Likes

Now that I think about it, Joe Exotic is pretty much Ray, his brother, Cherlene, and Roman Calzado combined into one human cartoon.

3 Likes

If I hadn’t been binge-watching Archer this week I would not have got that reference even 2 days ago :wink:

4 Likes

Thank you for that reference! Hiaasen’s books keep me sane living down here! I interact with characters of that level of cray everyday. Well, not so much these days, what with staying in and all that!

2 Likes

Thanks for further reminders of why this show is way, way low on my list of things to watch. Like, so low its fallen right off.

1 Like

List not definitive.

1 Like

Hey, just clarifying because I’ve seen this misrepresented on a few sites lately, the one armed lesbian is actually a one armed transman. Unfortunately, he was cisgendered throughout the series and in a lot of accompanying media, despite being arguably the nicest person in any of it.

3 Likes

12 Likes