Trump considering Joe Exotic pardon

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/09/trump-considering-joe-exotic-p.html

6 Likes

14 Likes

Anything to get people talking about anything other than Corona.

6 Likes

Eh, Rolling Stone did it better

15 Likes

So what’s next?

A cabinet position?

Seems like a good fit for “acting” Secretary of the Interior.

10 Likes

I’m surprised Trump knows who he is. If they aren’t talking about him on CNN or Fux News where would he hear about him? There’s no way Trump knows what streaming is.

5 Likes

This seems to be the new face of America. Utterly revolting.

4 Likes

On the bright side, Joe would be the least offensive person Trump has pardoned so far.

19 Likes

The Netflix thing apparently omits an enormous amount of genuinely horrible shit for the sake of maintaining a something resembling a sympathetic narrative. This piece, from long before everyone jumped on the bandwagon, is worth reading.

11 Likes

I know someone who has experienced Baskin’s creepy smiley threatening unpleasantness first-hand. All the same, the evidence against her for killing her first husband is quite thin. A lot of things omitted, and all told it’s kinda outrageous how much Tiger King mirrors Joe Exotic’s own view of things.

I say so in my post, more or less, but my suspicion is that Tiger King was a reality TV project that somehow pivoted to “documentary” in the making or editing. But it’s still reality TV, with all that implies, and most of those not aligned with Exotic who participated seem to be regretting it.

15 Likes

…coronavirus-stricken star…

Minor clarification:

5 Likes

People are dying. This is what he is thinking about.

15 Likes

deeply and sadly on-brand

8 Likes

Fits these times since we have seen a reality TV project somehow pivot into the presidency of the United States.

17 Likes

The Wondery podcast Joe Exotic: Tiger King also gets into the nitty gritty of it more.

2 Likes

I’d argue that if somebody can watch him do all the things they leave in and come away without thinking he’s a genuinely horrible person, they’re not actually paying attention. Even leaving all the horrific animal abuse aside, I think snaring teenage meth addicts into sexual bondage probably gets you left off the list for most humanitarian awards.

16 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if he does watch it–he just has some poor White House staffer get Netflix up and running.

If he had to do it himself…

1 Like

Didn’t Trump recently brag about new federal regulations regarding animal cruelty?

1 Like

Is Joe a white supremacist racist piece of sh*t or a caught-lyin, cheatin, stealin billionaire? If not, pardon unlikely.

4 Likes

Um, I think the answer to that one is a “yes.”

4 Likes