Nick Offerman and Seth Rogen review maker gadgets for Wired

Originally published at: Nick Offerman and Seth Rogen review maker gadgets for Wired | Boing Boing

12 Likes

I notice that they didn’t show Nick attempting the pottery wheel. Throwing pots is one of those things that an experienced person makes it look WAY easier than it is.

7 Likes

I would watch more of this! Especially Nick shredding stuff.

7 Likes

This was way more delightful than I expected. Frankly surprised Seth knew how to use a pottery wheel, but nice that they were playing to both their strengths (Nick is well known for his woodworking projects and does some amazing stuff). I’d watch more of those for sure.

6 Likes

I’m deeply concerned about their cannabis intake, they needed more, in my profession opinion.

13 Likes

He’s been doing pottery for a few years now. I’m sure that’s why they brought a wheel out him the first place.

8 Likes

this was fun, and i want more, but i also want Nick to regrow his mustache. come on, sir – we need your powers for GOOD.

1 Like

smile-ron-swanson

3 Likes

That was delightful. I would watch a lot more of those two. Also my takeaway was that Seth Rogen throws clay. Who’d a thunk it? You never know what people are into!!

4 Likes

I think with these two, you needn’t worry

1 Like

Well, you’re the Doctor.

2 Likes

It’s easy if you are throwing fired pots at a wall. /s

Observations on a couple of these,

Magnetic wristband:
Any magnetic holder for screws, nails, etc. should be (in my opinion) easily reachable by either hand. Wristbands are a fundamentally flawed solution design, given that one of your hands can never reach it.

Make it a magnetic bandolier instead and problems solved! Or get a large flat magnet and keep it in a breast pocket (or sew a magnet into your bra, hm, interesting notion). This way you wouldn’t have to put your hammer down to pick up a nail and transfer it to your nail-holding hand.

KneeBlades:
Yeah those wheels do seem a little flimsy. The only advantage I see would be in certain situations where you have a number of different workstations nearby that you need to switch rapidly between and I think I’ll just stop there so I don’t frighten the horses.

2 Likes

The Maker in me loves Nick and the Stoner in me loves Seth,
I do inhale sometimes as I hack things.
It happens.

3 Likes

The thing is, Seth is also a maker and Nick is also a stoner

4 Likes

Yeah in Nick’s comedy/memoir Paddle Your Own Canoe he included a whole section giving his personal review of various recreational substances. As I recall weed and whiskey were his two favorites, in that order.

3 Likes

They should have tested it, perhaps to failure.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.