Nigel "Brexit" Farage, having tanked the UK economy, retires to "get his life back"

Will the last Leaver to leave please turn out the lights?

8 Likes

Inevitably he is keeping his sinecure in the European Parliament. Helps that it’s paid in Yoyos so it’s worth more against sterling!

Their cynicism is… sociopathic.

10 Likes

I’m just thinking of the lots of friends I have for which his “political ambition” being realized meant that they, right now, dont know if they life they had planned and worked to achive is going to be possible.

And now this twat is “taking his life back”. Yes, all those hours that he had to work to SCREW lives, now he can retire and watch from home how somebody else has to scramble to fix things.

15 Likes

I remember all those Brits complaining that Brussels is a bureaucratic mess. Europe looks at London now and can’t decide between laughing it’s ass off or shaking it’s head in confusion.

Just imagine it were the other way round: Brussels starting a referendum and after it’s conclusion everyone resign because no-one has an idea what to do or wants to get the blame. I can imagine the Suns headline…

Everyone gets the politicians they deserve.

7 Likes

I wonder what Mrs Kirstin Farage, who is German, is thinking about the fact that the government is refusing to guarantee the 3 million EU citizens living in the UK can stay?

6 Likes

UKIP cite both Thatcher and Powell as central influences. UKIP is a reincarnation of the Anti-federalist League; a single issue euro-sceptic party. It was when Farage took over that it adopted a wider right wing agenda.

Now Farage has gone but the murderous neo-Nazi fucking scum of Combat 18 are active again quite clearly in response to the referendum.

3 Likes

17 Likes

It makes sense - for every year of membership his pension will increase by 3.5% of a MEP’s income. And as the pension is capped at 70% the minimax is 20 years, i.e. more or less exactly the end of the term.

6 Likes

Remember a few years ago when Belgium was without a government for a year and a half?

3 Likes

This actually makes a fair deal of sense to me; why lead the UK Independence Party once the UK is independent?

As Weird Al put it, “I know Darth Vader really gets you annoyed/but remember if you kill him then you’ll be unemployed.”

1 Like

The ultimate irony: fromage now has to rely on support from his german wife. :laughing:

4 Likes

Another odious, contemptible piece of shit doing a runner after leaving a turd in the fridge: “job done, see ya!” Glad to see the back of the twerp but like a fart in a spacesuit he’ll linger long after the fact.

I’ll just leave this here again - http://www.channel4.com/news/nigel-farage-ukip-letter-school-concerns-racism-fascism

3 Likes

But it isn’t independent. If he had resigned when the UK had actually left the EU and said his political ambitions were achieved I’d honestly congratulate him on being a person of principle even while I disagreed with his principles. To win the vote to leave and then walk away while everyone is trying to figure out what it means shows that he was always just a blow hard who wasn’t interested in any hard work.

11 Likes

She has a lot of good stuff.

6 Likes

He reminds me of Nigel Incubator-Jones…

Monty Python Twit of the Year

2 Likes

Welcome to the the wanting-your-life-back club.

Fartbag.

4 Likes

As an MEP he is probably in line for a decent pension from Brussels – it’s safe to assume that the Brexit negotiations will keep those intact as a matter of principle even as everyone else is getting screwed over.

1 Like

Seems like the entire British political class is playing a big game of “ring the doorbell and run away”. (A few are staying, like (arrrgh!) Theresa May, and a few, like Corbyn, are playing “You broke it, you bought it, have fun eating your schadenfreude pie!”)

I think the game is a combination of Musical Chairs and Pass the Parcel as they try to figure out who gets to be the next PM, the one who will have a short term of office as they try to sort out the mess everyone else is avoiding.

3 Likes

Probably:

“Oh Nigel, always so complicated. Couldn’t he simply tell me that he wants a divorce?”

3 Likes