NIH cancels ‘Havana syndrome’ research because the CIA forced people to participate in it

Originally published at: Havana Syndrome research canceled after CIA forced participation

3 Likes

Old habits die hard for the boffins at Langley.

7 Likes

I thought that the CIA wasn’t supposed take actions against US citizens inside the country?

8 Likes

My tinfoil porkpie chapeau sez: the way the U.S. three-letter agencies have delayed, denounced, and otherwise side-tracked investigations into Havanna syndrome cases suggest they’ve got something closely related to it aimed at the opposition for which they’d prefer to have pre-deniability established (that is, other than the Jewish space lasers)

5 Likes

No problem. They have a little fleet of unmarked planes to fly people somewhere else if the need arises.

6 Likes

I’d have thought that if you have a condition, and they don’t know what caused it (or if it’s real beyond the nocebo effect), then it seems reasonable to want to study it for a while before treating it. Obviously they should have gotten consent for a formal study, and it seems weirdly lazy that they didn’t, because you’d think sufferers would be eager to understand what was going on and likely to give consent if asked.

2 Likes

… perhaps they were going to direct various energy weapons at randomly selected federal employees and see what symptoms they got

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.