NirvanA.I.: This bot wrote a Nirvana song

Not bad, up until the 1:29, “I’m on you, in your meat for good.” A Nirvana song has never, ever, before, rubbed me the wrong way.

1 Like

I’d even go a little bit further and say true AI wouldn’t come up with a „that sounds like a nirvana“ song, but rather with a new kind of music that would appeal equally to listeners of nirvana and spice girls alike. Although that description may already fit for foo fighter fans.

1 Like

Heehee. That one’s up there in the smartypants joke pantheon with ‘What’s the B in Benoit B. Mandelbrot stand for?’ ‘Benoit B. Mandelbrot.’

2 Likes

And it has sounded like shit (ore really avangarde if you feel generous) until the advent of Deep Neural Net machine learning.

Trust me, I’ve been one of those lazy musicians. I’ve tried to code it myself and used every (academic) music software I could get my paws on.

The only way make computer generated accompaniments sound good is to tweak them so hard you could basically just better write them yourself. Bit of an infinite monkeys type of thing. At least, that’s how it used to bu until I quit that goose chase about 10 years ago.

In the mean time I’ve seen some impressive stuff from modern NN based AI. But I haven’t tried them myself, so I don’t have any idea how much tweaking of the output still is needed.

1 Like

Man everybody’s getting all riled up about an entertaining weekend project. Hard to tell if they feel Nirvana or AI are sacred.

Maybe this will help them see the fun: AI/DC - Great Balls

2 Likes

“pine-shaped box” could have added a macabre edge.

This doesn’t sound like anything to me.

maybe keep him away from heroin bot instead, since that’s what killed him?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.