No coke allowed in the bathroom at this million dollar Barbie Dream House

Originally published at: No coke allowed in the bathroom at this million dollar Barbie Dream House | Boing Boing

3 Likes

I prefer Pepsi anyway.

6 Likes

Calling McMansion Hell… calling McMansion Hell… have we got a place for YOU to review!

11 Likes

Although not quite this shocking and restricted to the interior, we aptly dubbed the house we bought the Pink Palace. And immediately set down to deroseate the place for sanity’s sake.

1 Like

I’m thinking of a different Mattel product.

1-15

14 Likes

Does it still count as a “McMansion” if it used to be a tasteful 120something-year-old home before some six-year-old aspiring stylist gave it an extreme makeover?

5 Likes

it says “please” so sounds more like a strong recommendation.

3 Likes

How are they going to enforce that? Where’s the camera? WHERE’S THE CAMERA?!?!?!

That reminds me of a sign next to the bathrooms in Bierboutique in Rotterdam:

But I guess Ken and Barbie aren’t really ‘equipped’ to transgress that rule anyway…

3 Likes

Is it even worth the trouble of making my own sugar if coke isn’t allowed in the bathroom?

2 Likes

:thinking:

I feel like John Waters would make that the proper amount of trash/kitsch if given the chance.

3 Likes

The inside looks more like a mojo dojo casa house.

2 Likes

Jesus! Did they get that bedroom furniture from a Bond villain estate sale?

7 Likes

Perhaps they meant cake?

They’ve already lost their sense of taste, they don’t need any more coke.

6 Likes

Oh, yeah? No sign is gonna tell ME what to do. Hold mah beer.

what the heck is a licensed airbnb? a licensed bed and breakfast sure. but i thought the whole point of airbnb was to get around all that pesky regulation and convert rentals into corporate profit

1 Like

Some communities are trying to reduce the number of Airbnb sites by requiring owners to get permits or licenses with the city/township. This is probably related.

5 Likes

So is that sign custom or is there enough demand that one can buy one off the shelf at some store.

Also if the bathroom is off limits is the kitchen fine? Or other rooms? I will do my coke in the conservatory with Mrs. Peacock and a lead pipe?

1 Like