Luxury condominium boasts "open concept bathroom" with no walls or doors

Originally published at: Luxury condominium boasts "open concept bathroom" with no walls or doors | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Come On Reaction GIF

The thing is, the rest of the condo looks fine… although 900,000 is steep…

18 Likes

That looks like something you’d have in your Sims house when you’re running out of money.

33 Likes

No way.

I don’t like open concept houses to begin with, but this is ridiculous.

Walls…give me lots and lots of walls.

17 Likes

Could just, you know, put up a wall.

3 Likes

I lived in a warehouse directly adjacent to the bathroom with partial walls.
It was an OK lifestyle choice at the time, but,
I don’t recommend it.

8 Likes

The best thing about our bathroom is that the toilet has its own little room. We’d have a harder time politely managing airflow otherwise. To say nothing of sanitation questions a la droplet dispersal, etc.

This is the second place I’ve lived that had a dedicated Shitter Closet within the larger master bathroom, and its a design pattern I am quite fond of.

“Hey, how about a courtesy framing there, buddy!?!??”

28 Likes

Walls are easy, but doors are a pain.

6 Likes

Apparently, open concept bathrooms are a niche trend that more than a few home designers have, er, gotten behind.

Home designers? Wankers!
(Or, more likely, not in these houses.)

4 Likes

I can think of so many reasons why you don’t want a toilet in the middle of the room.

7 Likes

“Open concept bathrooms” belong in one place only, and that is in the dreams you have where you are trying to find a place to go but you never can (the mind’s way of telling you to wake up and stumble to the W.C.)

I guess they use them in jail cells as well, but in a home? Big nope.

15 Likes

My bathroom has wall mirror opposite of the toilet. I don’t really enjoy watching myself sit on the toilet and I assume no one else would either.

10 Likes

Sure, looks great, except why is the toilet tucked away in a corner between the shower and sink? That basically destroys its utility as a seat, since you can’t move it. Park it in the middle of the living room and decorate around it.

9 Likes

Is that a glass wall between the toilet and the sink? What if you want to use a wet piece of toilet paper for some reason?

Wait, where’s the fucking toilet paper?

17 Likes

Every time I see a similar design on a home show, the prospective buyers are not fans. It’s one thing to see in a renovation of an existing house, but some condo developers are trying to make peekaboo bathrooms (a glass wall dividing the main bedroom and en suite bathroom so that both spaces get natural light) into a trend. :woman_shrugging:t4:

9 Likes

Why not just go outside?

8 Likes

I literally have bad dreams about this, where they only toilet is stuck in the open somewhere… like just randomly in a room with books, or under some stairs. It’s stressful to say the least.

5 Likes

I think I’ve seen these before:

18 Likes

28 Likes

$900k for half a duplex and basically only one usable parking space? Hard pass.

2 Likes