No Deal Brexit will lead to "putrefying stockpiles of rubbish" and "slurry"

Maybe if they fix their slurry problem, they can help me with a solution for my cat litter trays that (despite only two cats) seem to need changing twice a day.

5 Likes

As well as ensuring we’ll all be up to our eyes in shit,

Brexit is ensuring Nissan will pull investment in their Sunderland plant.

Sunderland was one of the first areas in the country to report its referendum results and it voted to leave.

Which means I can reference this tweet:

21 Likes

Having looked at the British parliament over the last few months, I can honestly admit that I think Britain deserves all this shit. Never before have I seen a country rip itself apart like this.

4 Likes

There has to be a /s tag in there somewhere, or else you haven’t noted the deplorable state of much of the US lately.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Conveniently, this sounds like a problem that can be solved by an ‘emergency’ relaxation of environmental standards.

Yes, remoaners might object to plans involving such elements as “the requirement was to remove the slurry, not to prevent coastal waters from becoming a eutrophic dead zone” and “unfiltered stack gasses from rudimentary combustion facilities located near major population centers are a proud part of British heritage”; but that hardly means that finding bad people to execute them in exchange for sweetheart contracts will be much of a challenge.

5 Likes

While figuratively both can be said to be ripping themselves apart, Britain is in danger of doing it physically as well. Don’t see any states leaving the union just yet, like Scotland very likely could in a few years.

2 Likes

e8sEsY4

7 Likes

I have

I’m more than a little disturbed to find that some people may be getting pleasure from this.

If the terminal stupidity continues and I can’t get out of the UK, my survival plan involves attmpting to move to just outside Aberdeen or Inverness. It’s either that or declare the secession of Oxford in the hope that others will follow.

11 Likes

Did Bugs just leave Berwick attached to England?

5 Likes

Leedvermaak, which is Dutch for schadenfreude, is almost unavoidable in this situation. It’s the self inflicted part that causes it in my case.

Also I don’t think Britain is comparable to Yugoslavia, I’m not a historian but the differences are vast.

1 Like

And what about the 48.11% who voted remain? Are they just collateral damage?

Fuck that attitude and fuck the people who hold it.

Maybe you should ask some of the former Yugoslavians who now live in the UK.

10 Likes

…is the message I’ve been getting.

7 Likes

Maybe the extra livestock will assist with the food shortage.

1 Like

#notallrubbish

9 Likes

If they mixed the slurry with ice and sweeteners, perhaps they could market it in the convenience stores…Slurries.

3 Likes

During the Brexit Emergency, it was essential to ensure a clean break as quickly as possible. The reincorporation of Transhadriana (Also known as Caledonia Irridente) had to wait until the signing of the Treaty of Ostend in 2025, which resolved the various territorial disputes resulting from the Brexit Emergency.

See Also: Irish Unification,
People’s Republic of Yorkshire,
Pound Sterling (760 - 2022),
United Nations Observation Group in Great Britain (UNOGB)

10 Likes

11 Likes

You forgot to mention the Free State of London.

5 Likes
1 Like