NO ENRY: misspelled road sign amuses working class Brits, except those named Henry

Originally published at: NO ENRY: misspelled road sign amuses working class Brits, except those named Henry | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Maybe it’s a ban on singing that song?

“Seven hundredth verse, same as the first!”

26 Likes

I am surprised that British people would miss a T. What is the Queen’s plan to address this balderdash?

18 Likes

If she can ignore Prince Andrew’s scandals, I’m sure she can ignore this too.

14 Likes

Oww. Mista 'iggins!

7 Likes

I’m reminded of a favourite story from a kids book, wherein Paddington Bear attempts to make use of the cost savings at Alf Price Tours, but Mr Price thinks he’s taking the piss. Hilarity ensues.

9 Likes

99.9% of funny road marking misspellings on the Internet are fake shoops. This one looks legit, though!

Keep calm and arry on.

8 Likes

'Oos 'Enry?!?

2 Likes

Aren’t they still misspelling it? I thought it was 'Enery, with three syllabubs.

6 Likes

The :heart: has become an age-detector!

4 Likes

prince-harry-mad

7 Likes

Came for this. However, the the original was Murray and Weston, not Peter “Herman” Noone. Here’s what claims to be the first recording.

(I once went to a Peter Noone concert where the warmup act was Eric Burdon. Noone was great, he does hilarious impressions of other singers. Burdon was a little, umm, under the weather, as he was wont to be.)

5 Likes

Was this sign painted by a former chimney sweep?

3 Likes

did the letterist… go for a drink of tea after this…

1 Like
6 Likes

That road sign may well have been the work of this crew -

2 Likes

They changed it because a lot of people didn’t want to be confused with the ex-Arsenal manager

5 Likes

Please, someone paint a comma after No.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.