No free drinks at Trump's Mar-a-Lago Super Tuesday party

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/06/no-free-drinks-at-trumps-mar-a-lago-super-tuesday-party.html

4 Likes

It’s common knowledge that Trump is into pills, not booze.

14 Likes

strike up the Republican Excuse Machine to explain why this year’s effort was different than all of the others.

4 Likes

I wonder what the Venn diagram that shows the trio of easy access to classified docs, plenty of money floating around, and free alcoholic drinks might look like?

3 Likes

I wouldn’t either. Free alcohol just brings out the stupid in people. Whenever I am asked to make drinks for a non-profit fundraiser (because I’m that guy, apparently), I calculate it to run out after cocktail hour so everyone has to switch to wine or beer. Even people who don’t normally drink much turn into winos when it’s free.

5 Likes

Plus, he’s a greedy bastid.

The horrors!
I’m kinda surprised that he had anything there for free…

I bet he starts charging admission to enter Mar-a-Lardo very soon.
He will call it a ‘Loyalty Pledge’, or some such.
He will probably charge for parking, as well.

ETA:

And the winos get transmogrified!

4 Likes

Since everything else about Brand Trump is trash, I assume Mar a Lago serves watered down knockoffs of known alcoholic brands.

Still, it’s help-yourself bottomless treason over at the government secrets bar.

3 Likes

I’m sure the Mar a Lago bartenders get a high proportion of patrons who insist they’re close personal friends of His Presidency, and that drinks should be gratis. “But look, this personal email from him asking for more money addresses me by my First Name! The Donald and I are on a first name basis…”

3 Likes

Isn’t it like $100K+ a year?

off to some googles…

$200K then $14K / year + $2K food / year

4 Likes

Well, Trump the elder. At least one of the children is known to be more partial to powder.

2 Likes

No free booze, but plenty of Kool-Aid for the MAGAts to drink

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.