Nobody has claimed ownership of the mysterious rocket that recently crashed on the moon

Originally published at: Nobody has claimed ownership of the mysterious rocket that recently crashed on the moon | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Whoops! Sorry about that. My backyard experiment got the better of me.

rocket fail GIF

16 Likes

“Do not taunt your model rocketry!”

13 Likes

As with most things in Texas, the Chronicle is immune to facts

18 Likes

No one’s looking in the direction of Grand Fenwick?

12 Likes

I’m still sticking with Andy Griffith.

7 Likes

I loved that series as a kid.

In all seriousness, my suspicion falls mainly on the Russian space agency, because, well, they are the sorts of dicks that would fuck up a lunar project and then pretend it never happened.

3 Likes

3 Likes

I’m pretty confident it was Slim Pickens…

Major Kong Last Ride

4 Likes

As @Bemopolis said upthread, it’s an old Chinese rocket.

3 Likes

“He who smelt it, dealt it.”

1 Like

A double crater because it bounced?

5 Likes

Of course knowing who the owner is, and the owner claiming ownership, are two very different things

2 Likes

Yeah, I keep neglecting the Chinese habit of doing shit because they have this huge chip on their shoulder, and seem to believe morals are for chumps because morals are what caused China to fall behind “the West”. Which is bullshit, but fuck it.

Yeah, the Chinese national space program is also a candidate for doing fucked up shit and not owning up to it. My bad for neglecting that in the face of the fucked up shit Roskosmos has been up to.

1 Like

Slim’s headed in the wrong direction :hushed:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.