Nobody knows how to quit vaping

indeed. the dreams. omg

1 Like

That’s how I felt about vapes as well.

“so I just succ on the machine till there’s none left? How am I supposed to know when to stop?”

With cigarettes I can have one. With vape, you have a continuous stream ready to go until you run out of juice or battery.

And you know what? With most my friends who switched from smoking to vape, they vape way more often than they smoked. Constantly.

3 Likes

From what I’ve read, these three things seem to be true:

• Vaping and tapering seems to be an effective means of quitting smoking for some. Addiction being what it is, things that work for some people don’t work for others.
  • According to all the research I’ve seen, Vaping doesn’t have any health effects on non-vapers. As a non-smoker and non-vaper, this sounds like a clear win for me, and those like me.
  • Nobody knows how to quit writing moral panic stories about vaping.
4 Likes

Well, quite. If I’d had an everlasting syringe, or crackpipe, I’d be so fucking dead. I’m glad this shit’s hitting the headlines, cos it’s making me want to strap some nicorette on, ride the nightmares and do my turkey yet again. I went back to nicotine to give my demons a tiny, glittering coin to spin, so they were distracted, but it might be time they were put in their own little pentagrams and locked away now.

3 Likes

I don’t know about the general case, although I doubt there have really been enough studies (I do think there have been enough studies about the active participant in vaping, and that it is indeed much safer than smoking).

However in specific cases there are indeed people that react very poorly to something in some/all vapes. My wife tends to break out in hives and have difficulty breathing. Fortunately in CA vaping is banned in all places that ban smoking so she can go most public places with only a modest chance that someone has decided the law be damed they are going to vape anyway.

American Spirits claim (claimed? been a while) that they add nothing to their tobacco. Can’t say they were any less addictive than camel lights, though. Most of the people I knew who switched to vaping switched from American Spirits as their final brand, in fact.

Now, if there’s a cigarette I miss, it’s those fuckers. They were a serious nicotine hit.

American Spirits have just as much glue and reclaimed tobacco as any other cigarette. At least the last time I smoked one it very much seemed to be held together with glue just like every cig brand.

I used to make my own cigs in order to avoid glue.

Your body tells you when to stop. It’s actually much better than having to commit to smoking a whole cigarette. Three puffs at most will satisfy pretty much any nic craving I have.

You are a gentleperson and a scholar. :slight_smile:

You are not alone.
If I don’t remember to take off the patch before bed, the dreams I have about the people I know make me second guess waking reality. The next time I see that person, or if I remember a snippet of patch-dream, I have to deliberately evaluate what is and is not. It’s fucked up. They’re ultra-realistic dreams.

It was the only thing that worked to get me off cigarettes. This was before the big corps had a role in it. Back then you had to buy juice and load up your own carts and charge little batteries, and the taste was nothing like tobacco. Then it started to clog up my lungs just as bad as cigs, and by then I was out of the easy habit of reaching for a smoke. So I just chucked it.

Plus they recently have gone through some blowback that suggests that they may not be completely honest when they say they are “additive free.” They could easily have as many additives as any others. It’s not like there are a lot of people who have the capability to independently test these things. Most people don’t even know that American Spirits are owned by the second largest tobacco company in the US.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.