North Carolina KKK hosts "VICTORY KLAVALKADE KLAN PARADE" to celebrate Trump

Maybe this will help. I hadnʻt heard it in decades, but it popped up yesterday and I canʻt stop listening.

“I don’t feel safe in this world no more
I don’t want to die in a nuclear war
I want to sail away to a distant shore
And make like an apeman.”

(The video doesnʻt show up in Safari: https://youtu.be/aRHqs8SffDo)

5 Likes

It’s not that. I think pollsters just ignored anything that wasn’t a swing vote.

There are definitely the David Dukes of the world, and of course there’s also Imperial Racist Centaur Amanda (or whatever title her cats gave her). But the quiet Trump voters are the ones who lost good jobs in the last 20 years, and haven’t found satisfactory replacement jobs. North Carolina is a great example. We lost our textile industry, big parts of our tobacco industry, our furniture industry, and so much more. I don’t think Clinton’s promises sounded very real or very appealing to these folks. Trump said a whole lot of things that were right up their alley.

What kills me is that they’ll never understand that he lied to them.

10 Likes

I encourage anyone nearby to attend with at least a dozen eggs to cover these assholes.

2 Likes

Precisely. And we’re already organizing down here to meet it with a proper response in far greater numbers.

I’ll point out that the SPLC is one of the non-profits that you can donate to when you point your browser to ‘smile.amazon.com’ instead of the usual.

Yes these are small potatoes, but I have to start somewhere or I will utterly lose it. We must not let them feel any more emboldened than they already do.

5 Likes

7 Likes

When I watched “O Brother, where art thou?” for the first time, there was a bunch of stuff I missed because I was completely unaware of said Klan titles.

That is probably a good sign, that I’d never heard of them before at age 20.

5 Likes

That’s a good idea. I’m also going to up my monthly contribution to the ACLU since they fight the good fight for a lot of the other stuff.

7 Likes

Good on ya. On the 9th, I increased mine for the very same reason.

2 Likes

Those robes come with a convenient target EMBROIDERED RIGHT OVER THE HEART OF THE WEARER to help you aim.

Your eggs, of course.

Eggs.

6 Likes

Awesome. In that case, thanks for sharing. I think when you posted the first one (the presidential seal one) no one was sure what you were meaning to convey? But this helps us better understand.

I do think this one is pretty clear on your intent. But I like that laid it out for us.

Thanks!

4 Likes

Lucky you! :wink:

2 Likes

Republicans can insist they individually aren’t racists, but Republican leadership really needs to address why “The Party of Lincoln” is now “The Party of the KKK.” They should ask themselves what it is about their party platform that attracts this element.

I’d say this “Klavalkade” presents a pretty solid counter-argument to anyone who says “but liberals are the real racists!” Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton were both Southerners, did the Klan ever hold victory parades for them?

12 Likes

Ahh The Kinks… one of the smartest bands out there.

4 Likes

My corner of the Midwest has a lot of not-so-hidden racism, but honestly, I could not get anyone to give me good reasons to vote for Trump without ever mentioning “Killary”.

4 Likes

I think there are. There were a lot more racists in the UK than I knew about before Brexit. You may be able to smell something, but you have to move furniture before you actually see a roach.

7 Likes

Apeman is such a great song from such a great album. Thank you for that–it kind of helps me get past this later one that’s been stuck in my head since Wednesday morning.

4 Likes

I just looked into this and went to the websites as linked kkkknights dot com & LOYALWHITEKNIGHTS (listed on the image) that re-directs to kkkknights. Both websites don’t have any mention of the event as mentioned in the Snopes or reported on Daily Mail UK. Neither sites even mention Trump! This is looking like a Hoax and I imagine 4Chan is behind it.

Not a hoax. They’ve taken it down since the article was written though. The screenshot @jlw took is accurate. I checked out the klan site myself and made my own screenshot.

6 Likes

4 Likes

No. Unlike the KKK, we’re patriotic law-abiding citizens who will not resort to vandalism or violence to express our views.

5 Likes