North Carolina KKK hosts "VICTORY KLAVALKADE KLAN PARADE" to celebrate Trump

I hear you. I just want to dispel the notion that the opposing camp will automatically act the same way. Like, men or white people believing that if women or black people gain power, they’re going to turn around and treat them exactly the way they’d been treated…you know?

7 Likes

I know. I’m not sure it matters. When has it mattered? the most disciplined and inclusive movement for civil rights was still was attacked and painted as reverse racist and a threat to national security. the women’s movement was characterized as shrill and dangerous, too.

Let’s face it. there is a large number of people in this country who want “us” in our place, which is not challenging them for authority. It doesn’t matter how much we contort ourselves into reasonableness or how concilitatory we phrase our demands for basic human decency. there are just some people who will never see “us” as anything but a danger to them. Just look at the trolls who’ve been hitting here. Do you honestly think they care at all about how nice we are to the “opposition”? They believe we are out to “destroy” them, no matter what we say or do to the contrary.

7 Likes

Believe me, I know. I’m literally surrounded by it, and wondering if I dare go to family celebrations during this holiday season. I knew I wasn’t respected, but outright reviled? How do I trust anyone now?

10 Likes

7 Likes

In fact, I haven’t had a cat in nearly 20 years and over the past few months I’ve been realizing that I need to change that. I need a kitty to hug.

12 Likes

When my son was born I said I finally know for sure there is at least one generation of my family that has not had someone in the Klan (it’s probably two but…I wouldn’t stake my life on that bet).

Things sure change slowly, don’t they?

5 Likes

When really it’s the greatness of their own individual belly buttons being celebrated.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.