North Carolina sheriff's racist rant caught on tape: "I’m sick of these black bastards"

Originally published at: North Carolina sheriff's racist rant caught on tape: "I'm sick of these black bastards" | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Not sure I trust this guy “To Protect and To Serve”.

15 Likes

Honestly, I don’t trust him “To Protect” or “To Serve” anyone but himself.

14 Likes

A racist N. Carolina sheriff? Why I nevah!

23 Likes

“There’s a snitch in there somewhere tellin’ what we are doing. And I’m not gonna have it. I’m not going to have it.”

Well, you could catch the snitch, Sheriff Greene; or you could try not bending the law to your bigoted will.

15 Likes

cwaa

25 Likes

There’s a snitch in there somewhere tellin’ what we are doing.

Which sounds like the reveal of the true motivation for his anger.

17 Likes

He looks like Tom Hanks who is disappointed at my life choices…

3 Likes

I mean he looks like someone tried to sculpt a drill sergeant with Click and racism, so I can’t say as I’m too too surprised.

6 Likes

That would make anyone paranoid.

Well, it would make a crooked sheriff paranoid. Maybe not anyone else.

7 Likes

the duty of proofreading apparently falls to someone else

8 Likes

18 Likes

Someone tried to report the errors but was simply labeled a “snitch” and warned of the consequences.

11 Likes

The county seat of Columbus County is Whiteville. That’s really everything there is to say, isn’t there?

I did wonder for a second if this was the same officer who ran a family friend off the road, resulting in the friend’s death. Yes, he was speeding on his motorcycle, but I don’t exactly think that was a life or death situation. That was far too long ago, so hopefully that particular officer left the planet a long time ago, but even if he had, there’s still plenty more to take his place. This schmuck seems to be cast from the same mold.

5 Likes

Sounds like the system is operating exactly as intended

3 Likes

I don’t trust any cop to protect and serve. That’s just a marketing slogan. They’re under no obligation to actually do either, in general.

4 Likes

referring to Augustine Clarida, who at the time was an African-American detention officer

So she’s no longer African-American?

1 Like

Well said!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.