North Carolina State Trooper points gun at teen girl using cell phone to call her stepfather

With regard to de-escalation another proactive tactic of police who are part of the communities here is harm minimization.

Was talking to a senior officer who supervised rural communities and he said that an unwritten policy is to turn a blind eye to underage drinking in country pubs as they would prefer it wasn’t happening on the streets! In a local pub :notes:where everyone knows your name :notes: then you will be told to pull your head in if you act up.

4 Likes

I’m not a cop, but you’d have to be a fool to not be afraid of teenagers.

Disney Hercules GIF by netflixlat

honey boo boo thumbs down GIF

8 Likes

Really shilling for the cops.
I’d take a pack of teen girls over a single cop and I’m a middle aged white lady. Traffic stops must be terrifying for anyone Black or brown. I’ve met nice cops and professional cops. But most of them are power hungry assholes and the nice and professional ones don’t hold the other ones to account. They also don’t usually last

ETA: I do not kid myself that they would be so nice or professional to someone who was not a white middle-aged lady. I have seen way too many body cams in my profession to believe that particular lie

10 Likes

The Muppets No GIF by ABC Network

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.