North Korea invites Russians to vacation there, pretending it's "safer than London"

Yes! I recognize the banner photo.

Unfortunately, lots of broken links on that site. Many of the photos are gone.

Holy smokes! I stand corrected! That actually looked awesome. The festival is three weeks long, beer servers dressed up like 1960s flight attendants… not bad!

2 Likes

I hear the Potemkin Lager was the hit of the festival.

1 Like

Nice video. I gotta think that the NK government is very happy with how it turned out. There was not a single emaciated child in it, and I counted.

1 Like

North Korea: You’ll have so much fun, you’ll come home in a coma!

Wait, vacation as in the “vacationing” Russian soldiers in Ukraine?

3 Likes

Carry on, Nothing to see there. Move along.

One story about Vlad the Impaler was that if he heard of a travelling tradesman worrying about the safety of his wares, he (Vlad) would insist that the tradesman leave his cart overnight in the street, unprotected, with no guards near it. The next day the tradesman would then be asked to publicly agree that Wallachia was completely safe. Once that was done Vlad would have the tradesman impaled on a stake.

1 Like

Would that you help me understand the moral of this story?

They who act without sufficient thought, will often fall into unsuspected danger.

2 Likes

Uh… which part of London? I hear bad things about the Palace of Westminster.

Although the safety claim is likely factually true, I’ll take my chances with London. Not by a huge margin though.

1 Like

PIONEERS - Named by Kim Wang Sun, DPRK’s first official surfer.

Official surfers, that’s an… interesting concept.

To be honest, “safer than London” is not very difficult. It’s a bit like “more rainy than Saudi Arabia” or “less crowded than central Tokyo”, a very low bar.

2 Likes

I prefer decadent capitalist Vlad…

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.