North Korea sentences two teens to 12 years of hard labor for watching K-Dramas (video)

Originally published at: North Korea's Violent Punishment: Teens Sentenced to Hard Labor - Boing Boing

1 Like

The video includes a narrator who is repeating state propaganda. “The rotten puppet regime’s culture has spread even to teenagers,” says the voice […] “They are just 16 years old, but they ruined their own future,”…In the past, minors who broke the law in this way would be sent to youth labour camps […] Pyongyang enacted a law to make watching or distributing South Korean entertainment punishable by death.

It’s scary how much this sounds like the sort of “justice” the Trumpkins lust for. Don’t subscribe to Truth Social? Up against the wall!

2 Likes

In accordance with N Korean custom, the two teens extended families will be joining them on the labour excursion.

Dude that’s fucked up. I mean holy hell, what are doing up there? Why do people ever even want paranoid evil weirdo power like that, it sounds miserable! For everybody.

I made this like a million years ago for a friend, now seems like a good time to trot it back out. I wish I could blare this over the DMZ from a giant blimp.

Hopefully a day will come when he regrets disrespecting K-pop stans.

2 Likes

I see that this well-reviewed documentary about escaping North Korea just became available to watch for free on PBS. I hear that it’s pretty depressing but will probably watch it tonight:

1 Like

If anyone asks, I was into Juche Division long before it was mandatory on pain of death.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.