North Yorkshire Police seek owner of "distinctive silver ring"

A number of these were sold in an array of sizes from an alt jewlers in Leeds Corn Exchange, circa 2004. There were probably a lot of them and they weren’t hugely expensive. Affordable for a broke student. Whilst I recall a purchasing such as an engagement ring, which seemed like a very good idea at the time, the ring was feted to become lost much like the reasons for the gift of such. It may be that ring. It’s probably not. From the scratches on that it looks like it’s been worn and enjoyed for many years.

5 Likes

I hope someone has a sword or this is going to be embarrassing.

1 Like

And unless my memory fails me (which it often does), the inscription is only on the inside.

both sides, only visible when exposed to flame.

1 Like

Ah. Thank you.

Rings typically have the inscription only on the inside, but the One Ring has it on both the interior and exterior (visible when heated): https://scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/128256/where-is-the-ring-verse-inscribed-on-the-one-ring

1 Like

What a sad situation, the police is looking for filthy Gollum, just another low criminal in a series of despicable agents handling stolen items and even committing more serious crimes, but they might arrest the innocent Sauron who has his property taken be force and is frantically trying to find what was his by right.

1 Like

If you really want a sword, you might recruit a neck-bearded deus vult type, or an otaku, if you don’t mind it being a katana.
But, maybe you would be better without them, the one who is said to be the true king of his peers might not be the most pleasant travel companion.

I think his cat stole it off the nightstand and stashed it somewhere.

2 Likes

But can the North Yorkshire police just walk into Mordor or do they need a warrant?

4 Likes

Umm, that would be my precious and I want it back.

3 Likes

I was always surprised that the gates of Mordor weren’t covered in graffiti, Berlin Wall style.

2 Likes

Or perhaps giant white letters, reading “The Pies The Pies”

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.