Northern Ireland facing unprecedented clown shortage

Originally published at: Northern Ireland facing unprecedented clown shortage | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Wait What Reaction GIF

9 Likes

We’d be more than happy to send over Matt Gaetz, Marjorie Taylor Green, Ted Cruz, and a few other professional clowns for permanent assignment.

12 Likes

What, they don’t have enough British Army folks standing around?

I have to say though, that acrobat archer…

Elijah Wood Reaction GIF

11 Likes

And there was much rejoicing…

7 Likes

Funny clowns, not scary.

4 Likes

Never has there been such joy in Ulster, at least since the end of The Troubles.

5 Likes

No thanks, we already have hundreds of clowns in Westminster.

11 Likes

5 Likes

I see this as an absolute win.

Strange how many things are affected by the pandemic. It’s pretty amazing to watch the world changing around you, and pretty depressing to see the folks who can’t stand the slightest change losing their ever loving minds over it.

3 Likes

Here’s one clown who’s now out of the running for the job.

7 Likes

Still no thank you, we don’t have a shortage of nazi jokers who want to start a civil war here.

10 Likes

41wifOdIEIL
Please, have one of ours!

5 Likes

OK, let’s do a swap

10 Likes

Wow, they found the Platonic ideal of a gammon to lead the party.

As for de Pfeffel, this is a great essay that addresses this very topic.

3 Likes

I guess “BoJo” is slightly less lethal, in that he hasn’t yet led an insurrection against his own parliament~

4 Likes

Orange clowns would be contentious in NI

4 Likes
6 Likes

Democratic Unionist Party of Northern Ireland was not available for comment on this shortage of clowns.

ISWYDT

But the shortage could be fixed if the necessary veterinary agreement were in place. /s

(That’s probably a too technical Brexit / NI Protocol joke attempt. Hey-ho.)

2 Likes

Oh Ireland, you’re always finding the silver linings to horrible situations. Less clowns sure sounds like win/win to me.

…and yes I absolutely despise clowns. I’m not afraid of them, I don’t think they’re overly creepy I just find them to be a left over relic from a bygone era that some people romanticize and push on children because they think someone should be forced to enjoy the mediocrity that is a clowns attempt at entertainment. Show me the greatest clown in the world and I can point to you the grand ruler of mediocrity.