Not every princess trapped in a tower should be let out

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/05/not-every-princess-trapped-in-a-tower-should-be-let-out.html

9 Likes

And thanks to Libby and my local library, it’s already open on my iPad.

101 pages, so you weren’t kidding about it being a quick read.

16 Likes

T. Kingfisher is an outstanding author and an artist.

11 Likes

Libby has increased my reading at least 100%. I have access to literally hundreds of libraries between my NYC and Mid Hudson library systems, so I almost always find what I want or there’s a short wait. I’ll often check out both the book and audiobook and switch between them depending on whether I’m driving or at home.

7 Likes

One of the good things about the rural library system, at least in Indiana, is that there are special programs to provide even more services. At my former location, we had access to a couple of free premium streaming services – not just Kanopy – thanks to local library membership.

7 Likes

Librarians can have a surpisingly long reach.

12 Likes

Yay! My library has it too.

Libraries are great

Read Open Book GIF by INTO ACTION

7 Likes

T. Kingfisher is one of my favorite authors and a go to when I’m in the mood to read and have a good time.

4 Likes

Light by your definition or hers? After all, her fluffy romances are filled with decapitations.

6 Likes

The princess doesn’t have eyeliner and a cotton swab?

10 Likes

Oooh, ooh, ooh - sounds like it might be the Sleeping Beauty equivalent of Gaiman’s Snow, Glass, Apples, which I really liked. Also, I generally love the radical retellings of Sleeping Beauty I’ve seen lately. (E.g. the comic Briar, with its pissed-off, almost feral, awakened princess, emerging after centuries to an unfamiliar world.)

7 Likes

Yeah, I was going to mention that one, too.

4 Likes

I read Thornhedge a few months back, and I think that’s a pretty good comparison. And yes, it’s a fantastic read, I recommend it. :grin:

5 Likes

̣̻͕͓̬̒̾͘̕͝**̣̻͕͓̬̾͘̕h̸̬͕̍̈́͌̈͝͝’̸̳̗̤̱̉̋̂ṅ̷͎̉͊̑̚g̷̜͋̔̅́̅l̶̢̹̙̼̗̂̈́͆͘ų̷̞̥̤͎̒͒͒͐͠i̶͙̬͇̮̠͛̍͝ ̴͈̳̖̼̉̀ͅm̶̫̤͕͕̹͊̊̀̚g̵̹̘͖̋̅ĺ̶͖͖͕̇w̵̤͇̘͎̬̮̓͂͗̑͂͝’̸͉̱́̓ņ̷̛͇̊̄̃a̵̧̖͕̅̓͂̐f̵̭͎́̋h̵̼̝̎̔͆͑̚͠ ̴̡̯̜̝͛̃̊͒͜À̵͕̭̭̽͛͘͝͝u̸͖̣͖̣̠͒̐̇ͅr̵͙̘͔͍̦̍͂o̵̢̱̣̍̈r̷̡̦̫̰͖͋à̷͇͎͐̑͋̔̿ ̵̙̈́̆͌̑͘R̵̟̄’̶̹̱̰̯̳̤͆l̵̺͇͋y̶̤̲̗͚̒͗è̵͇͉̟̗̻̑̽́̀͑͜h̸̪͈̓ ̷̳̫̹̎̔́̀͊̽ẁ̶̧͇̺̹̪̥̚g̶̥͈̺͐͑̚ą̸̠͔̖̑́̕ͅh̶̢̫̥̗̒͑̅̊̈́͜͝’̸̛̖̙̅̕ṋ̷̪̈́̔ả̷̤͕̹̄̈́̿g̷̥̫͈̻̊͋͝l̷̻̬̮̽́̎̅͒͗͜͜͜ ̸̰͆̚̕f̴̰͈̾͝h̵̻̫͇͐̇͋̅̍͠t̶͈̠̲͎͐́a̷͚͌́̈́͋́g̷̛̬̎̑̍̃ǹ̷̨̽͋̌͝ **

*“In her tower at R’lyeh, the dead Princess waits dreaming”

2 Likes

That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And, in strange aeons, that pea is going to stop digging in to her back.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.