Not going to Burning Man this year? Here's how you can keep the FOMO at bay

I look forward to not going to Burning Man at this time every year.

2 Likes

I went to Burning Man twice in the early 2000s.

That was more than enough for a lifetime.

I have no fear of missing out.

1 Like

Going was on my bucket list for the longest time. Then it got too big, and too expensive, and too too much. Now, I’ll travel in my teardrop.

1 Like

You could easily make the case that this is a feature and not a bug.

3 Likes

We should start a dads club.

2 Likes

It nearly happened, he was meant to come with a well known news weekly magazine, but he bailed at the last minute because he couldn’t bring his weapons… win for me as It left me with the use of a luxury r v and all the liquor and other supplies that had been purchased for his consumption

2 Likes

It’s been 109 in the middle of the day!

You definitely will!

1 Like

30% chance of thunderstorms at Burning Man, rain and 50 mph gusts also in mix

My FOMO is just fine and dandy…

2 Likes

I would bring me. I’ve never been.

1 Like

Rain would help keep the dust down, and the slippery mud + high winds would lead to hilarious pratfalls all around the site.

1 Like

This. But, whatever floats a boat. Or RV in the desert…
I like desert camping. In the Fall/Winter.

1 Like

I signed up for the Phone Experiment, and received my first call last night. It made me so happy!

The woman I spoke with was astonished that she was speaking with someone in Rhode Island (she took some convincing) and that I was celebrating the 20th anniversary of my only trip to date to Burning Man.

Really, it was a serious treat for me. A little bit of that old playa buzz.

2 Likes

You’ll certainly have Schweddy Balls at Burning Man!

1 Like

What was the craziest thing they stocked for him?

That new camera is a beautiful techno eye of a festival fly on the festival pole. I already have a small display running on the mantle and the livestream is both distracting and inspiring as I go about mundane chores in the house so far from the beating heart of humanity out on the playa in that magical little basin.

I would invite anthropologists from as many universities around the world as possible to make an instant ethnology based on their real time research from the Lévi-Strauss Claude Cloud Camp.

That’s terrific! I noticed I missed my call because I had my ringer turned down… d’oh!

1 Like

I would bring someone who doesn’t use trending internet acronyms in common speech.

Nothing illegal, just so much top shelf liquor of all kinds

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.