I'm heading to Burning Man! (here's where to find me)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/20/black-rock-city.html

9 Likes

Will you be the naked guy with dreads sucking on a pacifier and saying Wow often?

8 Likes

I’m not too excited about your theme camp.

2 Likes

Have a safe trip up and back, and have a awesome burn.

One day I’ll get to return home and maybe bump into ya.

2 Likes

As my Son says, “I live in Phoenix, it’s Burning Man everyday”.

3 Likes

One brush with melanoma was enough for me, I’ll stay under the trees. Have a good time and wear a big hat!

2 Likes

Burning-Man-Meme

6 Likes

Don’t forget your stillsuit! (But skip the weirding module.)

9 Likes

Part of me is envious of you, but another part of will love sleeping in, in a clean, soft bed every morning. I haven’t gone since 2007, and I’ll never say never to a sixth time, but it sure is a lot of working getting there. A lot of money too. I suppose that’s a small price to pay to live in an authentically magical world for a week.

Have fun and don’t be too safe!

2 Likes

I’m heading to the grocery store! Here’s where to find me!

In other news, burning man week is the best time to be in San Francisco.

4 Likes

The basic concept of Burning Man seems a lot less amusing and whimsical now that Western skies are full of forest-fire smoke for an entire month every year. I think we need a new ritual.

And I’m pretty sure that the '70s and '80s were the best time to be in San Francisco.

2 Likes

Make sure to hit up the kind souls at Voted Best Camp, on the outskirts at 2 o’clock and K, and partake of the 24-hour open bar.

1 Like

I prefer gathering with people who wear more clothing …
… or far less.

You know, whenever I see pictures of scantily-clad people at Burning Man, I always wonder if they’re all going through an awful lot of sunblock product. And what about all the dust that blows around out there? Doesn’t it stick to the sunblock?

I remember how a friend, at the beach once, wanted us to bury her in sand up to her neck, just for the experience. I don’t know what sunblock product she had used, but when we un-buried her, the sand was completely stuck all over her. It wouldn’t even come off in the showers there. Poor kid.

1 Like

Dust sticking to sunblock is a bonus, when it comes to blocking sun, methinks.

3 Likes

There is that. But at least Burning Man is in one place that we don’t need to worry about wild fires at all. So, in that sense, it is pretty responsible, unlike the smoker I was driving behind today, with their lit cigarette dangling in their hand out their driver’s side window :frowning:

Watch out for the Vantablack holes in deep playa.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.