Not the heavy duty work pants I was looking for

Agreed on the road rash, but it looks like the pouch for armor plating is strategically placed.

1 Like

Unfortunately I can’t second the durability. They are very good pants and reasonably priced, but I have found that they start getting holes in unseemly areas in 2 years of mostly light use with few pairs in rotation. I think that is a fair result for me, but not the super-durability I was hoping for. I can’t really take advantage of the warranty because of the shipping costs.

I think there were similar opinions in r/buyitforlife. Some say the Duluthflex-versions are more durable even though they are of thinner material.

I previously used these:

https://www.cactusoutdoor.co.nz/clothing/mens-pants/supertrousers-mens.html

Those are much more durable. They are of even thicker and (in the beginning) stiffer canvas material. They have multiple styles now. Maybe I will go back to those after trying the Duluthflex pants.

The Cactus pants are made in New Zealand and the Duluth pants in Vietnam. I am much more comfortable with NZ labor / environmental practices.

2 Likes

I’m sorry, are we still talking about the thong butler?

Well then!

16 Likes

Maybe they meant “buttler”.

5 Likes

I have found Arborwear to be more comfortable and bulletproof. They have the essential gusseted crotch, and are all-around my favorite when doing stuff that tends to destroy clothing.

2 Likes

I second that. I also have a few work shirts from them that are rock solid and I put them thru hell grinding, welding, etc…

1 Like

Longtime Duluth traders fan here, despite a few substandard articles of clothing and a completely non-responsive customer service department. Just had to retire a pair of pants I used for blacksmithing for over a decade, having burned a hole in an . . . inappropriate location, and patching just made it look worse. Replacing them with a pair I’d used for work until I managed to snag them on a rack and rip a small hole on the thigh, so far so good.

1 Like

Is anyone that hairless in real life? The thong models’ bodies look plastic. I’ve seen more hair on egg shells.

But now I have a new mental image to superimpose on people I’m bored talking to. Picture them in thong butler -wham-- instamusement

4 Likes

Heheheh…the pastor.
Rude guy in checkout line in front of me, hehehee…next door neighbor, harhar.

My brothe—NO. OOF. NO.
PRESIDENT TRU----NNNNOOOOOOOOOOO WHY DID I START THIS

4 Likes

Maybe the AI thought you were looking for Dickies.

4 Likes

New from Chuck Tingle: Pounded in the Butt by my Thong Buttler

6 Likes

I had bough a couple jackets from Chinese companies on eBay and favorited the sellers - and for months my front page recommendations became a sea of skimpy men’s speedos and he like - very embarrassing till I realized how it had happened (I otherwise buy only used books).

A man’s man servant?

4 Likes

Really…whatever happened to this?

giphy

2 Likes

The blaklader one looks awesome, I am definitely getting one of those!

The second one (first Amazon link) looks like something from Sprokets :joy:

That guy is definitely going to need the Search Team…

1 Like

Way sexier. I think? Yes. Anything now to stop picturing every one I see in a Buttler Thong.

Doesn’t show up for me when i do a search but i do get this in the results:

1 Like

Interesting that they feel they have to note that the “Thong condition” is “Brand New Material” …

1 Like

Why not? That kind of armor seems to work great for female barbarians and superheros.

I’ve eaten at that diner. You really should find a different one. But you won’t, because the rude staff is part of the experience.

Works just as well if, like me, you misread that as “thong butter”.

5 Likes