Not to be outdone, Manhattan has a leaning skyscraper full of multimillion-dollar condos too

Originally published at: Not to be outdone, Manhattan has a leaning skyscraper full of multimillion-dollar condos too | Boing Boing

3 Likes

That’s nothing. Pretty soon Trump Tower will be fully upside down.

13 Likes

Looks like Ronald Hamburger has another client if he wants one.

4 Likes

Weep for the billionaires.

4 Likes

Isn’t not finding bedrock in Manhattan rather unusual?

4 Likes

It is built on a landfill and they chose not to go to bedrock.

12 Likes

Oh No Omg GIF by The Office

6 Likes

What makes you so sure he’s not already involved?

eb9c100e-20b2-4fd9-ad77-8dcac9f8e316_text

1 Like

Didn’t realize the Bluth family had gone into high-rises.

1 Like

No, this is just normal capitalism.

9 Likes

The skyscraper I want to see tilt over and fall into the East River is One Manhattan Square, the ridiculously ill-proportioned glass box that towers over the Manhattan Bridge. While I admit that it sometimes looks pretty when the light is just right, in all other respects it’s just a blight on the skyline. And now the developer is about to put two more just like it next to it.

I assume that at some point in the next century or so Manhattan is going to have real issues with the current crop of super-talls. I would bet good money that One Seaport isn’t the only one that suffers from short-sighted cost-cutting. And if one of them needs to be taken down before it topples of its own accord, well, controlled demolition in such a densely-constructed area is going to be a real trick.

3 Likes

So it’s a rubbish building?

3 Likes

At least this one’s not finished and full of people

3 Likes

Comparative lean angle charts vs time! dϴ/dt! Betting parlors! Relative simulated impact craters! (Blackjack! Hookers!) t’isn’t Merkuhn 'less there’s competition.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.