Nothing wrong with duct-taped contraption stopped by cops on motorway

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/08/19/nothing-wrong-with-duct-taped.html

5 Likes

The world is my crumple zone

14 Likes

It’s not like you can go all that fast on the M25 anyway.

I like the officer’s shoes.

5 Likes

It looks like a scooter that someone has turned electric and thought “maybe I could get more kilometers per charge if I reduced the drag like those swell Stanford electric cars?”

I for one salute his ingenuity! looks like he just popped by the grocery store? can’t tell if the Kelloggs box is part of his shopping or the structure. Looks like he’s seen the movie Brazil one too many times!

18 Likes

Cars and duct tape have a mixed history:

3797c2f55a2cf6ca341dafcb8b263151--porsche-auto-porsche-

dtfyfu

14 Likes

Was that from you…or your cat (which would make better sense). :slight_smile:

6 Likes

26 Likes

Throw a 1000W pedal assist motor on this thing. Not highway worthy, but man, probably a lot of fun.

BTW: It cost $6K. Utah Trikes.

9 Likes

Duct tape saved my life once, or twice…

13 Likes

It’s a fairing cop.

21 Likes

At least he didn’t cop an attitude! :rofl:

4 Likes

you’d have to get consent before crashing into anyone with that.

2 Likes

Adam and Jamie would approve…

8 Likes

Appreciated

1 Like

This is very much in the same vein as Craig Vetter’s Fuel Economy Challenge from way back in the 80s. I would bet actual dollars that the rider that got pulled over is very familiar with the historic competition.

3 Likes

This is something I’d more expect of a human powered vehicle, but then it wouldn’t need MOT. Where is the exhaust? Is it electric?

2 Likes

Hands down my favorite episode of all time and proof that duct tape really is a miracle do it all substance.

4 Likes

After so many years of watching Top Gear I’m pretty convinced that safety regulations for cars in the UK are mostly nonexistent. It seems like practically anything can get a number plate.

3 Likes
6 Likes

"The vehicle was keeping up with other traffic and didn’t cause any obstruction to other road users.

“The owner made sure that he fulfilled all the safety regulation as well as keeping the insurance, MOT and tax in date.”

So… why was it stopped? Not very familiar with UK law, but don’t you need cause beyond “I don’t recognize that vehicle?”

2 Likes