#NothingButDragnet: EFF calls on @Shaq to stop endorsing police partnerships with Amazon's creepy, surveilling Ring doorbells

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/22/no-shaq-no.html

3 Likes

I doubt Shaq would even care, it’s just a business venture to him but i do hope that the EFF can get to him in some way

2 Likes

My pledge: I’ll only buy Ring if they guarantee, in print, that when the short sleeve button up Christians show up to the door the system will immediately notify the cops, requiring them to to come drag their evangelical asses away. Hey, Bezos, can you make it happen? If so, I’m all in w/ your creepy-ass authoritarian digital surveillance nightmare.

1 Like

You never know. He’s an interesting guy. He probably has a lot more invested in NBA-related ventures, but he doesn’t think they should back down on human rights in China

“One of our best values here in America is free speech. We’re allowed to say what we want to say and we are allowed to speak out on injustices and that’s just how it goes,” O’Neal said during a panel discussion. “If people don’t understand that, that’s something they have to deal with.”

“I just thought it was unfortunate for both parties, and then you got people speaking when they don’t know what they’re talking about. But Daryl Morey was right,” Shaq added. “Whenever you see something wrong going on anywhere in the world, you should have the right to say ‘that’s not right,’ and that’s what he did.”

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.