Notoriously abusive Florida cop fired for seventh time

He stole weapons, hid drugs, beat juveniles, falsely imprisoned witnesses, and covered up crimes. Still, there goes the best officer Opa-locka Florida Police has ever had. < sarcasm >

6 Likes

It’s cool, I’m sure they weren’t going to use that firearm for anything nefarious.

4 Likes

Too much. I have a feeling there’s a Corkscrew Swamp alligator with his name on it by now.

2 Likes

But since American police are expected to carry firearms enforcing a policy that prevented him from being able to legally have access to a gun would have effectively ended his career as a cop.

8 Likes

Apparently he wasn’t actually charged with a crime, merely fired. So would a background check work? Never mind all of his offenses would likely result in jail time for anyone not a cop, but hey, details.

5 Likes

How do you figure?

I didn’t read linked articles, is the blog incorrect?

3 Likes

huh. missed that.

which really makes one wonder how he was employable beyond a fry cook. The biggest question I have for fixing law enforcement is which thing needs to be fixed first? There seems to be about 20 things that need immediate attention.

4 Likes

Yeah any background check is finding his criminal past

This is a 2014 article saying “Bosque has been arrested, disciplined, suspended, fined and sent home with pay more than any officer in Florida.” So there are years of arrests and charges and at least 2 past convictions

eta: Shit, they don’t need a background check because he’s been fired from this same police department before

11 Likes

Because Florida Man?

2 Likes

And to think they say police unions are the real problem.

Class action suit needed.

3 Likes

Fify If it’s just budget, they’ll simply do what happens with the military. Infinite taxpayer because because “Safety”. If it’s tied to how much you get to retire with, then I bet we’ll all of a sudden actually get to see the “good cops” turning in the “bad cops” that are costing their retirement funds.

5 Likes

So, who is the next department that is already lined up to hire him?

2 Likes

OANN is currently in the works of giving him a show. /s

2 Likes

Just spitballin’ here, apologies if this has already been shown a fail: Couldn’t we come up with a way, for the police/police unions, to carry their OWN liability insurance? I mean since, clearly, a LOT of what the average citizen would consider “bad cops” are working for themselves (i.e., they refuse to respond to any authority other than their own and are clearly not “serving” or “protecting”) and as the example shows, cannot be fired, how 'bout we make THEM pay for their own abuses? I know, I know: WORST unintended consequence is a LOT more coverups, but I’m kind of tired of the hefty pay-outs on their behalf if they’re unwilling to respond to civil authority.

1 Like

How is he allowed to be a police officer if he’s been convicted?

3 Likes

Worst cop in Florida, or worst cop at not getting caught?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.