Notoriously abusive Florida cop fired for seventh time

Originally published at: Notoriously abusive Florida cop fired for seventh time | Boing Boing

10 Likes

This person should not have been legally allowed to possess a gun after the first incident. Police abuse needs to be answered with removing the right to a firearm. It is the only way I see to prevent bad cops from being rehired and killing people because individual police departments are so willing to hire these guys.

40 Likes

Look at that list, for anyone who thought “Bad Lieutenant” was exaggerated.

14 Likes

I assume that the answer is “because thin blue line”; but is anyone else wondering how “hiding drugs in his police car” didn’t turn into a possession charge, potentially possession with intent, that would preclude future legal weapon possession?

27 Likes

Is Florida Cop the ultimate Florida Man?

11 Likes

awwww. he’s just misunderstood

“I’m against bad policemen,” Bosque told Local 10. “I’m against, you know, dirty cops. … I like the person in the mirror.”

i jest. he sounds like an awful person.

one thing i wish the article gave context for - how many other officers that are part of the south flordia police gang ^h^h^h benevolent society have also been fired one or more times, and how many have had criminal charges brought against them?

id assume many more than just this one

18 Likes

Can’t help but note that taking this cop’s firearm away wouldn’t have stopped him doing any of the things he reportedly did. The presence of it makes resistance less likely, perhaps? But his gun isn’t the problem.

10 Likes

I agree but he with police departments configured as they currently are, he would not have been rehired if he couldn’t possess a gun. If police unions wanted to keep these types of people as cops then they would end up being a lot more anti-second amendment for everybody but cops. Disarm the police.

14 Likes

So do police have to pass a background check just because they are given a gun? Personnel obviously can’t run one - thanks, police unions.

5 Likes

Cops fired for committing crimes on the job should not be legally allowed to be hired as cops somewhere else. That doesn’t seem hard to get

I read that to mean the other officer stole a gun from a crime scene. Instead a gun was stolen from a crime sccene and replaced with a pellet gun while the officer was supposedly watching the scene. Bosque helped the officer come up with a lie for why he left the scene.

14 Likes

and there’s nothing anyone can legally do about it

Sure there is. How about not hiring him in the first place? (I know, I know…)

Seriously, though? How is this even possible. Who performs a background check and says: “You were convicted of committing a crime while on duty. You’ve been fired for misconduct multiple times. You’re just what we want on our force!”

(Again, I know, I know…)

16 Likes

seventh time is the charm…

11 Likes

the union attorney will ultimately be responsible for when this asshole goes too far and kills someone.

5 Likes

hiding drugs in his police car

This makes me wonder how many times he has planted evidence. Stuff has got to come from somewhere.

14 Likes

And these are just the times he got caught. There’s probably a whole boatload of crap that he’s gotten away with that no one knows about.

23 Likes

Fuck this guy. When people are sick of the system and lack of accountability, this is the giant “fuck you” they are talking about.

Shit, if you get caught 6 times and still find a job, why even try to hide it anymore. Seems like no one really cares what you do.

13 Likes

How can a guy like this testify about anything? What jury would believe him with a background like that?

14 Likes

Make departments carry malpractice insurance that is tied to the budget (and not the city). Everytime they fuck up, the insurance costs go up and their budget goes down. They’ll start to get rid of shitty cops faster and (maybe) stop protecting them as much.

15 Likes

The scariest thing is the audacity with which the union rep says “Don’t believe your lyin ears”. He probably is right that he will give the bootlickers some validation while not worsening the perception of the force among rational observers who can’t really see it as any worse.

5 Likes

South Florida Police Beneviolent Association

Putting the “i” in to Benevolent since 1963.

16 Likes