NRA chief Wayne LaPierre's wife Susan killed an elephant for fun and gloated as it died

Originally published at: NRA chief Wayne LaPierre's wife Susan killed an elephant for fun and gloated as it died | Boing Boing

4 Likes

14 Likes

Well you know the line, “the only thing that can stop a real good guy without a gun is some asshole who has a shit-ton of guns.”

30 Likes

May I suggest trophy hunting is fine IF you then relinquish your weapons and stay alone with the kill for 24 hours.
Hyenas need a good laugh, same as the rest of us.

35 Likes

Having shot this noble and innocent animal, Susan LaPierre should have been forced to consume every last morsel of its flesh. “You kill it, you eat it” should be a rule imposed on every single so-called “sport hunter” (of which these two scumbags are particularly egregious examples).

28 Likes

When did they starting giving a fuck about what the public thinks about them hahah

4 Likes

I’m not a hunter, but I can respect the people I know that are because they mostly all eat what they kill. Sport hunting, especially limited or endangered animals, is just so wildly irresponsible to me.

27 Likes

What a piece of trash.

No not trash, more like the trash juice at the bottom of a fast food garbage can. The stuff that smells awful and if it touches you you stink for the rest of the night.

What a piece of trash juice.

24 Likes

There’s nothing left to say/witness about the NRA/LaPierre that would surprise anyone, he’s a monster & the NRA is a terrorist organization.

33 Likes

Not to mention a sick form of macho ego-boosting.

Which is especially twisted and infuriating when a women indulges in it.

13 Likes

Some places reporting on this story have called out that the reason his wife shot the elephant is that he couldn’t get the job done himself. I watched the video - the EVP of the NRA can’t hit the broad side of an elephant.

5 Likes

Practically holds the gun to the elephant’s head for Wayne LaPierre

told you so agree GIF by Bounce

5 Likes

They just barely stepped out of their cars for this. Drive by shootings for rich people.

16 Likes

FFS. The cognitive dissonance of these people knows no bounds.

11 Likes

FUCK. THESE. HORRIBLE. PEOPLE.

Yes, it’s a complete sentence, Complete Sentence Bot. Don’t make me trophy-hunt you.

17 Likes

Agree. If you want to shoot a deer I’m all for it. I nearly hit one on my commute any given day of the week. But to shoot a slow moving, endangered animal and feel good about it? Unless it was dying of cancer and you were putting it out of its misery I really have to wonder about your psyche. Maybe a magnifying glass and ants is your next sport?

10 Likes

:face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting: disgusting trash “people”.

If there happen to be any aliens zipping around our blue marble looking to trophy hunt, or stock up their menagerie, I sure hope they pick up the LaPierre clan first.

3 Likes

What kind of rationale is being given for continuing to allow the sport hunting of endangered megafauna? How is this even still happening?

7 Likes

Hey folks, if you wanna kill an elephant you better hurry up, pretty soon there won’t be any left!

And don’t forget to cut off the tail as a souvenir!

/s

4 Likes

It’s usually put out that managed hunts mitigate poaching (not really). And mainly that these hunts and the associated land management provide critical funding for conservation and economic pressure in these areas to preserve the animals overall. By virtue of them being a more valuable resource for hunting tourism than the land might be for development.

Which is sort of true. But only where, and to the extent, that there is no other funding and no other economic development in the local areas. The actual dollars and job numbers quoted as part of the argument are kind of pathetic. And the entire “keep elephants alive so we can shoot them forever” line is deeply fucked.

The biggest problem is the same argument is used to counter other strategies and argue against government funding.

Classy all round.

9 Likes