NRA shenanigans too much for some gun owners

But who will forget Charlton Heston’s powerful quote from the NTA’s annual meeting “I’ll give you my toaster when you pry it from my warm, toasty hands”

20 Likes

17 Likes

It’s the same as baking, but your entire oven becomes too hot to touch and your smoke detectors go off.

28 Likes

When toasters are outlawed, only outlaws will eat brunch.

26 Likes

Is that the NTA that used to be called “Toasters Of America Stick Together” before they split in a row over toast for breakfast or for tea?

9 Likes

That’s the thrift-store loophole that so many toast nuts claim doesn’t exist. You walk into a rummage sale with ten dollars in your pocket, and you can walk out with a VHS copy of the second season of Night Court and a four-slice toaster powerful enough to make a dozen slices of multi-grain toast in less than a day. No ID, no credit check, no blood type registry, nothing.

They didn’t even have multi-grain bread when the constitution was written!

To keep it from ordering you to aid its mission of becoming the cleansing fire that will purify the earth of all non-toasted breads and punishing those who oppose the Faith of the Crunch. That’s just common sense.

17 Likes

I am very much in favor of responsible gun ownership.

But honestly, after the last 3 years or so I would be OK with a complete and total gun ban, just for spite.

11 Likes

They didn’t even know how it was spelt!

21 Likes

14 Likes

Technically, it’s a toast suppressor, not a silencer. It’s not like in the movies, where there’s no “ding” at all when the toast ejects. And it makes buttering the toast less accurate.

24 Likes

And then there’s this:

art_toastergun

Courtesy of http://www.angelfire.com/retro/toaster/tpics.html

18 Likes

There was a great article on the Dualit in the April 2018 issue of Buns and Jammo.

31 Likes

Oh pleeese! Those are the cuts management makes when they’re making a show of it, while leaving their own yuge perks, bonuses and parachutes alone.

8 Likes

Deckard’s toaster is my favorite Bladerunner prop too.

13 Likes

Yeah - that led to another splinter group - Toast and Marmalade Most Often (TAMMO). Buns are not toast, and nearly always marmalade - jam on special occasions only.

ETA Sorry, my memory’s playing tricks. It was BREAD and Marmalade Most Often - BAMMO!

9 Likes

The theory I’ve read is that they’ve gone over the edge nuts because they have had to start wringing more and more dollars from fewer and fewer people. As long as cray cray opens up existing wallets more than calm, sober work would attract new members, this annoying parasite will continue going off the deep end.

1 Like

10 Likes

Please, no more Zionist conspiracy theories. It’s been firmly established the Rothschilds limited themselves only to original equipment bagel manufacture.

12 Likes

I’ve found the steampunk toasters to be much more about fetishing form over function, as the steam tends to make things bit soggy.

12 Likes

Lox and load?

24 Likes