Nuisance YouTuber with 2 million followers wreaks havoc in Japan; locals are furious

campaigns to attract visitors to lesser-known rural areas

Wonder how that’s working out?

I recall that common criticism of the Japanese government’s “JET” program was that (while otherwise a superior choice compared to commercial English “teaching” gigs) they would send people to the middle of nowhere where they’d be very isolated.

1 Like

I’ve been pretty interested in visiting more rural areas myself, hopefully next time i go i would love to visit a cute and quiet little town. I’ve also seen programs to buy buy houses in these areas and while interested it seems overwhelming to fix up a house in another country.

3 Likes

Those probably get more thoughtful visitors, ones who value peace and quiet and natural scenery and seeing how people live their everyday lives; in other words, visitors who are the exact opposite of this twit.

4 Likes

I think it depends on where you jaywalk and it is certainly much more common than it was.
My wife and I don’t think too much about it and regularly jaywalk but our younger son is an absolute stickler for following the rules and tells us off when we charge across the street and leave him waiting for the lights to change.

3 Likes

Ninja vengeance is in order. He can run, but he can’t hide.
Ninja Lol GIF by Justin Gammon

Are those “influencers” or “content producers”? “Influencer” implies having something to push.

1 Like

That’s such a wonderful anecdote.

That didn’t work out too well for the shit-heel, Andrew Tait. :clap::clap::clap:

Case in point

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.