NXIVM sex cult leader jailed for 120 years

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/27/nxivm-sex-cult-leader-jailed-for-120-years.html

7 Likes

donald-glover-good

33 Likes

Checks out.

12 Likes

Apparently he’s some kind of time traveler as well? Because that’s definitely a picture of a guy from 1982.

11 Likes

$5,000 workshops that promised to give followers the skills to promote a path to “greater self-fulfillment.”

These workshops are just a way to filter out the most gullible people right? Sort of like how those Nigerian prince emails are so obviously bogus on purpose to act as a first past filter for the scammers. If you fell that for that you’ll fall for anything.

6 Likes

Maybe they can extend his life so he can serve the entire sentence?

16 Likes

What does that translate into with regard to parole?

1 Like

IIRC there is no parole in the federal prison system. There is early release for good behavior but IIRC, it is only on the order of 15%? He will of course have the right to continue challenging his conviction and his sentence while serving his sentence, and at some point may become eligible for compassionate release (such as he has cancer with only months to live). But for the most part he is going to spend the rest of his life or nearly so in prison.

10 Likes

Unfortunately for him there are no young girls in his new target audience.

3 Likes

Real justice for a grifter in 2020. Who’da thunk it? Let’s see Keith use the power of positive thinking to visualise himself out of his cell.

His cult’s idiot sugar mama also went to the slammer.

15 Likes

“With good behavior, I am sure I can get that time cut in half”
-Steve Raniere

7 Likes

I worked for a company that tried to get us to go to ESP seminars. I researched it, told my coworkers ”sounds culty" and declined. Co-worker who went said it was kind of standard marketing and motivation stuff but very very long with no breaks. She didn’t continue.

10 Likes

She probably didn’t want to talk about the half bowl of low-protein gruel they each received as their meal for the day.

8 Likes

EST by any chance?

Warning: the wiki appears to have been written by a fan.

8 Likes

Nope. It was the corporate training/recruitment program nxivm did. 7-8 years ago maybe. I think it was like the entry level program.

8 Likes

I have to admit, it wasn’t until the other day when I heard the name being said by someone on the news that it’s pronounced “nexium”.

9 Likes

Yeah, fortunately with his imprisonment and the Seagram heiress’ we won’t ever have to think about NXIVM or how it might be pronounced ever again.

9 Likes

CXX years, surely?

12 Likes

EST also appears in one of the seasons of *The Americans."

6 Likes

I remember that. That show had great period detail.

5 Likes