NY attorney general tells convicted fraudster Jim Bakker to stop peddling alleged coronavirus cure

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/09/ny-attorney-general-tells-conv.html

4 Likes

Lucky for Jim Bakker, “The Government said I’m not aloud to tell you this is a Coronvavirus cure” is as good as a BOGO for doubling sales among those people already following /purchasing from Jim Bakker. But what else can you do? (I mean, besides putting him back in prison…)

16 Likes

Is this the silver colloid stuff that can turn you blue?

Actually ran into a guy with blue skin a month or so back.

Not an Andorian cosplayer.

18 Likes

In a society that took consumer protection seriously, this is exactly the kind of thing that one would go to prison for.

23 Likes

He’s still alive? Well. How about that.

I’m afraid I’ll need to ask for proof, Jim. Go get yourself a case of – verified by independent science – COVID-19, then take your miracle cure and get back to us 12 hours later with how that’s working out for you. Put your life where your mouth is.

18 Likes

This is the real good stuff:

Optivida Silver Liquid Solution (10ppm) works faster, longer and more efficiently than other silvers to support your immune system*.

Faster – By using catalytic instead of chemical action, Optivida Silver helps speed up natural processes that have positive effects on the body*.
Longer – Unlike other silvers that quit working after completing one function, Optivida Silver performs over and over for hours*.
More Efficient – By resonating at just the right frequency, Optivida Silver disrupts foreign elements without disturbing the body’s natural environment*.

1 Like

hard to argue with that, i guess

6 Likes

Is the asterisk “*jk lol”?

15 Likes

Bakker warned that anyone who made fun of him will be punished by God,

Never guess what I’m doing right now?

25 Likes

Clearly abridging his freedom of religion. It is a god-given right to fleece the ignorant isn’t it?

4 Likes

Luckily, he can stop peddling it now because this stuff is so good it sells itself.

I’m corona free right now!

/s

1 Like

It’s like the only reason people like this exist it’s so they can prove the need for hell to everyone else, so there’s somewhere these garbage humans can go when they die.

Its all fiction except fleecing the poor and stupid though.

Morons like this are one of the reasons I gave up religion despite being raised in it. This man should be ashamed of himself for existing

4 Likes

Thank god. I got some so-called “medicine” from my doctor that resonated at completely the wrong frequency, and I straight up died because of it.

17 Likes

As a recovering Evangeical, I harbor a deep resentment to liars and hucksters like Jim Bakker who do all their lying and huckerism in the name of Jesus. I can’t understand how anybody thinks what they do even remotely connects to the teachings of Jesus.

17 Likes

Nothing wrong with that.

9 Likes

Unless I can get it for 97% off in the BoingBoing Store I’m not interested… :thinking:

20 Likes

Does it work on werewolves?

Its tough to find silver bullets in in my neighborhood. But put if I can that stuff in a Super-Soaker and I am sitting pretty.

14 Likes

Dunno if it would kill them or heal them… :thinking:

7 Likes

And I’m glad you’re feeling much better. You’re still very pale, though! A little sun…

4 Likes

A remark like that, which implies that it is a cure, would surely be held by the courts to be a “representation…that its Silver Solution products are effective at combating and/or treating the 2019 novel coronavirus”.

3 Likes