Jim Bakker selling fake coronavirus cures now

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/12/televangelist-jim-bakker-sugge.html

3 Likes

So is he admitting that you can’t just “pray it away”?

33 Likes

How is he not in Trump’s government by now? Talk about being a failure as a grifter.

40 Likes

A metaphor for religion right?

10 Likes

How is this not some sort of criminal offence?

19 Likes

mmmmmmm, colloidal silver
Let’s buy a case for laughs, attach a card saying ‘To my best pupchik, Vlad’ and ship it to the White House
I bet Hair Twittler will down em and THEN what color will he be? blue with orange highlights?
could get a role on Star Trek, cuz we are in the WEIRDEST timeline

18 Likes

May he die of dysentery.

26 Likes

.jpg

Anyone want to try to persuade him to run against Trump? I want to see the debates.

25 Likes

I’m making no bets on whether or not the FDA — in this current Administration — will do anything about this.

7 Likes

Orange man vs. blue man? Imagine being the poor bastard in the control room trying to adjust the color balance on the video feed.

25 Likes

Jones’s possible campaign slogan: “I’m really in a Blue State!”

9 Likes
7 Likes

Preferably someone else’s.

I think we’ve firmly established in this country that it doesn’t even matter when something is.

11 Likes

Jim,

4 Likes

I want to say - “This will just sort itself out.” But even rubes don’t deserve to die from snake oil.

Though I thought colloidal silver did have SOME health benefits. I think my ex-wife now takes it sometimes… but she has gained several… opinions I don’t agree with now.

5 Likes

If there’s only one exception, it’s this: The isness of Trump.

1 Like

But is the colloidal silver blessed in Jeebus’ name? Otherwise its hard to see how it could possibly work

9 Likes

Argyria isn’t fatal, but it will turn you blue permanently.

It might also affect eyesight and kidney function.

6 Likes

It has some antibiotic properties, but I don’t know that it’s been shown to be useful in infections in humans, not sure if they can get high enough dosage without toxicity or at least blueness. Copper, which they’ve proposed coating surfaces in hospitals with, I think has similar antibiotic properties.

giphy

15 Likes

Taking this in the hope of curing or preventing corona virus is what could be fatal.

3 Likes