Jim Bakker selling fake coronavirus cures now

The whole ‘thou shalt not lie’ thing went completely over his head huh?

3 Likes

Let Bakker take a supply of this “cure” and go minister to the quarantined passengers on the cruise ship Diamond Princess. Surely either God or this “cure” will keep them from being infected or will heal them if they do get sick.

10 Likes

Damnit, some days I feel like I’m the only person in America not personally profiting off gullible conservatives. One of these days I’m finally going to abandon my ethical principles so I can start getting a slice of this $$$ like everybody else.

14 Likes

The FDA needs to pay him a visit and lock the doors on his commercial operation.

8 Likes

Them being blue makes it that much easier for the next grifter to spot likely marks.

9 Likes

Fun’s fun, but surely there is a point at which not mentioning him is the most expedient way to ensure he is silenced, or at least that whatever impact he might still have is minimized?

3 Likes

It does have significant benefits, but should only be used externally. For example it is used in wound dressings and catheters, reducing risk of infection.

Apparently it can also cross blood-brain barrier and cause neuronal degeneration and necrosis:
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/248195018_Influence_of_silver_nanoparticles_on_neurons_and_blood-brain_barrier_via_subcutaneous_injection_in_rats
62.8mg/kg is a huge dose, but still it’s better to be cautious.

8 Likes

The pricing is hilarious. You can make your own for a few cents. Steps are:
1: Don’t do it. Ingesting colloidal silver will only do you harm
2: Especially don’t buy overpriced crap from a crook like Jim Bakker.
3: connect two pure silver coins to a 9V battery with wire and alligator clips
4: immerse only the silver in water and wait
5: You have just made colloidal silver, now throw it away.

15 Likes

I was going to say do you want to go in with me on finding a way to market the curative properties of bat shit but then I googled it, it’s already taken.

3 Likes

If you’re a business in the US you can get away with just about anything–especially in the medical quackery biz.

2 Likes

It’s not that simple: you have to have connections: the kind of connections that require being born into money or having been a lifelong sociopathic fascist. Trust me, at this point none of my ethical principles would prevent me from sticking it to conservatives at every turn.

1 Like

You need at least thirty pieces of it.

11 Likes

It is. The FDA shuts the doors of businesses that make unproven claims like this.

6 Likes

They were still functioning as of late last year…

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/fda-takes-action-against-17-companies-illegally-selling-products-claiming-treat-alzheimers-disease

7 Likes

Excellent info, thanks. We have a housemate who’s more or less feral, and covering him in pennies seems much easier than teaching him hygiene.

7 Likes

It can take a long time and lawsuits though. The agency hasn’t the resources to go after every quack. And so-called “neutraceuticals” are totally ignored by the FDA.

When I worked there, anyway.

3 Likes

They do tend to go after the high-profile ones, though. They shut down lines from Advocare and Amway in the last 6 years.

3 Likes

That’s great! It took them quite a few years to shut down a prosthetic heart valve company back in 2007 or thereabouts for distributing contaminated products. The scuttlebutt I heard is that their sterile water supply wasn’t, and they used a shower curtain as a clean room barrier. Their facility was at the back of a Bed Bath and Beyond, so maybe they got the shower curtain there, on sale.

5 Likes

I’m not generally a reaction GIF kind of guy, but SO MANY come to mind right now.

5 Likes

I wonder if the heart valve company accepted the 20% off Bed Bath and Beyond coupons.

6 Likes