NY Mag art critic: Fox News is "sexually sick" for blurring nipples of Picasso

[Permalink]

1 Like

That’s fuckin’ funny. Paint some bikinis on those hooters!

5 Likes

Well, at least it seems they’re not anti-butt.

15 Likes

Wow. As bad as Ashcroft’s thoughts on statues.

11 Likes

“A Fox news station” ≠ Fox News

5 Likes

meh…

Um…Wha?

3 Likes

If Fox News wasn’t willing to put asses on TV they wouldn’t have an anchor or commentator left to their name.

28 Likes

“I don’t know much about art, but I know what I like… and I like this far too much, so under a blur it goes!”

6 Likes

Disgusting cowardice and prudery on the part of FOX. Meanwhile: http://boingboing.net/2015/05/12/the-naked-hypocrisy-of-game-of.html

1 Like

I’m getting a bit sick of the lazy tendency to conflate the two. I see it all over constantly. Fox News is a single entity, the 24 hour cable news networks. Local network affiliates of the Fox broadcast network operate their own independent news rooms in concert with the broadcast news operation of Fox the national broadcast network. Which likely has little to no direct connection to the cable news network Fox News. If you watch my local Fox affiliate’s (oddly enough this one) news broadcasts they look nothing like anything on Fox News, and quite a lot like everything on every other network affiliate news program in the area (ie terrible, repetitive and desperate). These aren’t the guys bringing you Bill O’Reilly. These are the guys bringing you weathermen with funny names and endless coverage of cute but tragic kitties, and “investigative journalism” about a car wash that rips off its customers.

So network news is a unit within the Fox broadcast network, and affiliates are separate, localized units associated with that. And Fox News is a separate channel, businesses and organisation that operates on its own to do 24 hour coverage of bullshit in various Fox New Cable channels. There’s likely connections of some sort, but indirect and the two are not the same thing. Easy click baity articles and tweets that work off deliberately conflating the two are lazy. Most of the times you see this happen its just the same stupid bullshit every regional or local network affiliate news program does every day. Those guys are goofy mother fuckers, they aren’t doing hard journalism. Or political commentary. They’re gonna do a segment where a local business person or sub-celebrity shows you a lovely way to make a mothers day gift basket. Give you the traffic and weather, report on something scary. Then run a human interest story about something sad. Then throw in a promo for whatever prime time dreck the network needs to push.

Fox News is heinous. Mocking them for things that some one else did doesn’t change that or amount to serious criticism or a solution.

5 Likes

Years ago in Riyadh I visited a music store just to see what sort of music a person might sell in such a place. They had a metric shitload of pop music (all cassette tapes–as I said, years ago), and any time the cassette cover art featured a woman showing any skin below the chin, above the wrists, or above the ankles, that part of the image had been crudely blacked out with a marker. I visited at least two other music stores and each one was the same. I’m not sure if the magic marker work was done at the behest of gov’t inspectors at the port of entry, by the religious police (who are fucking assholes if you don’t mind me saying so), or by the store owners themselves, but either way, no thanks.
Which is why I love to hear conservative religious types wailing about Sharia Law. Cognitive disconnect, folks,

7 Likes

Yes. Because they’re the same issue entirely. A one-to-one match. Mirror images of one another.

/s

9 Likes

How dare anyone even think about boobies!

Too late.

3 Likes

What the hell?!
I just don’t have enough faces to palm.

3 Likes

Picasso, you asshole!

Always objectifying women. Good thing he is not trying to sell bus tickets, twitter would be all over him.

1 Like

I would imagine this is more about preempting complaints from viewers than any actual “sexual sickness” on the part of the producers who had this blurred. Blame their audience for this one.

Yet they left in the dildo in classic DC superhero The Spectre. Probably they were too sexually repressed to even see it.

Here. Have a nipple.

4 Likes