NY Mayor Adams disputes his own memoir over schoolyard gun incident — "What book is this?"

Originally published at: NY Mayor Adams disputes his own memoir over schoolyard gun incident — "What book is this?" - Boing Boing

4 Likes

I wonder if the Mayor’s ghostwriter is eventually going to come forward to diss the guy like the author who actually wrote The Art of the Deal did.

7 Likes

Reminds me a bit of the fake autobiography of Howard Hughes that was almost published without his knowledge or involvement back in 1972. I just listened to an episode of the great podcast Cautionary Tales about this subject.

2 Likes

JFC, this guy!

4 Likes

I wonder if he knows about the cookbook he wrote? Or may have written? At any rate, a cookbook with a blurb declaring the author, Eric Adams, a mayoral candidate for NYC is available here in my library. :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

It just shows that republicans don’t have a monopoly on hypocrisy of stupidity.

5 Likes

Are any of the recipes any good?

4 Likes

“Just look at it, sir”

6 Likes

The recipe for School Lunch with Banana, Pretzel, and Revolver is forgettable.

8 Likes

I can only confirm it’s in our catalog. I’m not about to go check it out. Since so many cookbooks are recipes collected from other people sprinkled with anecdotes from the person claiming the credit, I’d guess probably there are some good ones.

7 Likes

Amazon has had this book for sale for at least a decade according to the Internet Archive (Jun 28, 2013). How could he not know?

10 Likes

Pulled from multiple book sellers already, but Barnes and Noble still lists it as available!

2 Likes

I am surprised he didn’t turn it into a Boeing 737 Max 9 analogy somehow, but not surprised he OK’d an “autobiography” even he wasn’t willing to read.

2 Likes

He lived it, he doesn’t need to read it! :laughing:

1 Like

tumblr_mk0dk4BoJl1qaad4ao1_500

Got 100 riding that we find out the contractor is the same contractor Magic the Gathering and Wacom have been using… beep boop.

I’ve never really believed Eric is a Democrat; frankly, I think he is a GOP Trojan horse. He sure governs more like a Republican than a Democrat, at least.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.