NY Times Verbatim: What is a photocopier?

Kleenex - ditto…

Was that acting ?

oh yeah

Yep, a bunch of lawyers trying to pin down a lawyer; you know it’s going to be slippery fun.

In English law, in camera means evidence that only gets heard by the court, meaning all spectators get cleared out of the room, if I remember correctly.

The guy giving his deposition definitely was coached by the lawyer(s). The way he spoke was definitely lawyered language.

And seriously? $2 per copy of a legal document, even if it’s just a photocopy, is fairly standard B.S. in most government and lawyer offices. The saddest thing was when either a lawyer’s or government office would try to charge you a $45 courier fee when all they did was fax over some documents. Saw that happen multiple times.

It’s also used in city council meetings for the same purpose. They’ll have an in camera meeting when they need to talk about something requiring privacy.

1 Like

FWIW, I’ve always worked alongside ‘photocopiers’; I’d be able to deduce what you meant by ‘copier’, but I don’t consciously recall hearing it before.

I’ve almost always heard “copier”. I wonder if it’s a regional thing, like how “soda pop” is “soda” in some places and “pop” in others.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.