NYC Ferry department lies about reason for not letting Muslim families aboard

Heh. That’s one thing that varied minorities usually have in common.

All I’m going to add is that usually Asian kids have a healthy dose of “Don’t piss off Mom” ingrained into their very souls as well…

5 Likes

Not at all surprising.

Because deep down inside, we all know that ‘being White’ means certain folks are held to a completely different standard than pretty much everyone else on the planet, and they can readily ‘get away’ with behavior for which we would be immediately vilified or even persecuted.

5 Likes

Well this thread got interesting. And people complain about me hijacking things. :slight_smile:

More germane maybe, “security issues” nowadays means an excuse for doing whatever the “security” person wants to do. Rather like “I feared my life.”

I read the article, which is depressing, but I would like to know if the originator of the “security issue” is still employed making life interesting for others. Even knowing they got a few weeks without pay would be slightly nice.

1 Like

Now you’re being all sensible and logical, I’m just driving trollies the trollies. :rofl:

3 Likes

An obvious observation, but ever since September 11th a number (possibly a large number) of Americans now feel it is O.K. to openly dislike or distrust Muslims. I see this all the time in Facebook posts from my old high school classmates in a small, nearly all white town in the Midwest, and I suspect many of them do not even know any actual Muslims.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.