NYC Ferry department lies about reason for not letting Muslim families aboard

Aside from shitposting, you mean?

It seems to be that ferrygate keeper somehow wasn’t wrong for discriminating against the Muslim family in question, because their chosen religion somehow ‘justifies’ violating their civil rights.

6 Likes

8 Likes

I’ve come the conclusion that Biff’s supporters keep copies of the Constitution in their pockets in the hope that the contents will be absorbed by osmosis so they don’t have to do any of that “readin’ stuff”.

11 Likes

Then what was the bit about being from West Virginia and being ok with doing a cousin? You know nothing on the internet goes away? Death threats from Cohen and his mob friends made her disappear. If you don’t know why it’s difficult for a rape victim to come forward, especially against a rich person with mob friends, you need to get out more.

5 Likes

I am so confused, are the ferries made in Saudi Arabia?

Aww, let me have some fun. :wink:

6 Likes

Welcome5

15 Likes

Well, I didn’t choose your username, so it’s germane to the conversation. And the allegations are substantiated by the scores of women who’ve reported sexual assault.

Rape is a shitty thing that’s common throughout the world. Talk to more women if you don’t think it’s pervasive in the US. And it’s weird that you go by LoveTrump, as he loves himself the Saudis and several other autocrats, so choosing your name makes you an odd candidate for a human right activist. Why beholdest the mote that is in thy brother’s eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own? It seems more that you wanted to yell about foreigners, which is kind of shitty. And the families who were excluded, did the wives and daughter do something you disapprove of? Do you give Muslim women and girls your support, or are you an asshole about them too?

9 Likes

You do know that taking away food stamps results in children dying? From both mothers who are dependent on them not being able to carry to term, as well as increased child mortality?

9 Likes

So let’s see if I’ve got this:

Muslims controlling what women wear = bad.
Xtians controlling women’s choice to reproduce = good.

Is that your position?

17 Likes

Also, if you hate abortion, why do you support someone who wants to defund women’t access to the pill and other birth control? When there’s free access to contraception, abortion rates go down.

12 Likes

Silly, anti-choicers don’t care about poor peoples’ children dying once they leave the womb!

14 Likes

Do you similarly hate Catholics?

8 Likes

10 Likes

This is a thing of beauty.

6 Likes

No-one here is arguing otherwise. You won’t find many fans of fundamentalist religion here. The problem is when, say just for example, an anti-choice Xtianist complains about sexism in fundamentalist Islam. Or, in your purely theoretical example about the ferry, Hassids complain about Islamic women because they’re covered up. You know, hypocrisy or a complete lack of self-awareness (both of which are core features of religious fundamentalism).

And the others are right about speculation without facts in evidence. We try not to do that here. Unless you witnessed the event, perhaps frame your speculation a bit differently.

Since you’re new here and are not destined for a permaban like the other newbie in this topic, I’d recommend taking a few moments to read the BBS conduct standards here:

https://bbs.boingboing.net/faq

This is not Facebook, this is BoingBoing. There are rules.

16 Likes

Speaking up some more, then.

And his actions are even worse. Please read the esquire article I posted earliier if you haven’t had a chance.

8 Likes

You brought up the Hasidim. Comments about pedophiles are even more off-topic than abortion or Islamic dress codes. We are talking about barring people from the ferry.

11 Likes

That’s your boy though; all day, every day, 24-7.

But he’s rich(-ish) & White(-ish) and though he’s nothing near an actual Christian, he’s voraciously defending your desire to be a hateful bigot, so it’s all cool, right?

13 Likes

Does anyone else find it an utterly and completely gobsmacking example of bigotry and lack of self-awareness when those who rail against other people treating women like 2nd class citizens demand legislation that outlaws medical procedures for women, denying them the right to their own bodies and their own health?

In other words, miss me with that… nah, I won’t even say bullshit, because bullshit at least composts into fertile soil.

14 Likes

There’s more than one plausible possibility:

Bat%20signal%20for%20trolls

12 Likes