Nylon pan scrapers are wonderful

Or in a pinch, you know, use your fingernails. Whadya think they are there for?

1 Like

Gah, I was trying to scrape a piece of spaghetti off the bottom of a pot the other day, and managed to jam it RIGHT under my fingernail. It was so painful, I went momentarily woozy with visions of bamboo splinters in a POW camp dancing in my head.

5 Likes

I use old credit cards. It seems appropriate.

1 Like

I get a lot of credit-card-like items in the mail, from stores and charities (“YOUR 2015 MEMBERSHIP CARD!”). I should press them into duty as scrapers!

2 Likes

It’s a multitool! USE IT FOR EVERYTHING!

I also love these.

And they all have different radii. That’s your intelligent design right there.

Holy moley. £5 off, too!

At minimum, this shows you that the " £x off" is completely and utterly without basis in reality. Those must have cost two quid yesterday.

1 Like

Sometimes, burning food is the whole point! Getting a lovely crust on a piece of meat leaves some nasty grunge. One of these would get it off in a whistle, rather than soak the pan for an hour, like I usually do.

3 Likes

That’s what bread is for isn’t it? Mop up all the lovely grunge :smile:

1 Like

I got mine from the Cool Tools recommendation (it may have been for another brand, but mine’s shaped exactly like that, although it’s a bright pink) some years ago, and it’s awesome. It’s used mainly to scrape pine sap off my car.

1 Like

Do you deglaze before you soak? That usually gets off almost anything that is stuck.

Not sure if these scrapers are worth it or not; They are from lodge and not too expensive, so maybe they know what they’re talking about. However, even with caked on crap, a deglaze with water and a scrape with a spatula usually takes it all off.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.