NYPD posts "All Colors Are Beautiful" to celebrate Pride month, and the acronym does not go unnoticed

There are individual cops who are good people. I know some. I still subscribe to the ACAB sentiment. It’s not referring to the goodness or badness of individuals, but the brokenness of the system. A system which values the protection of property over the protection of people. All these cop cars that have “protect and serve” on their cars? That’s a marketing slogan, not a promise. Courts have held over and over that the police have no general legal duty to protect people, which is why the cops in Uvalde aren’t in jail or even unemployed. The individual goodness of some cops cannot overcome the inherent corruption and brokenness of the entire institution, thus All Cops Are Bastards.

17 Likes

Thank God for the cops

9 Likes

And a great wardrobe

6 Likes

And even that part needs caveats. A friend recently reported an auto theft and was told by the cops, “we aren’t really concerning ourselves with property theft at the moment.”
It leads one to wonder, with the insane backlog of untested rape kits, unsolved violent crimes, and now this notion that property crimes aren’t of interest, WTF are these “boys in blue” so busy with?
Oh, yeah, traffic stops that lead to murder…

11 Likes

and that’s always been the case so far as i know. the only reason to report theft to the police is for the insurance record.

( in fact, ive known several different people who tracked down their own stuff - once a stolen truck - and the cops just shrugged. as an institution, they just don’t care )

6 Likes

I happen to know that there are three sixes hidden in the trees on a certain Bay Area police department’s car door logos, because I put them there myself in the 90’s when I re-inked the black plate for their decal! They are still in use today.

3 Likes

My first reaction was that the cops knew about it before (not one NY cop reads BB?), and did it deliberately to own it.

2 Likes

Maybe someone decided to take back the acronym… to pwn it… so to speak…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.