NYPD says Shake Shack did not intentionally give poisoned milkshakes to cops

If you’ve ever had shake shack, the disinfectant is not a fluke, it’s a feature.

5 Likes

So 3 NYPD cops get sick by drinking (accidentally) bad shakes and it’s national news. Got it. How many people have they beaten up, gassed, and shot with “less lethal” rounds for no good reason during these protests, and you don’t hear anything about it in the media?

The NYPD seem like the epitome of what’s wrong with cops in this country. They can abuse anybody with absolutely no consequences.

12 Likes

So hopefully the (Patrick) Lynch mob will back down now.

1 Like

I thought “partners” were a Hollywood convention so there’d be somebody to talk to on the TV cop show

1 Like

That Shake Shack gets crazy busy with tons of tourists. I bet those cops cut the line to get their food.

1 Like

A necessity even.

I don’t think those cops will be “doing solids” for a while. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Did they pay for the shakes?

4 Likes

Perhaps they should employ black food tasters? (In keeping with BLM).

2 Likes

I suppose this is a reference to this;

Yet another unfounded accusation which is probably flat out wrong. The wheel in the picture is clearly not well maintained and lug nuts do come loose sometimes when not maintained. Of course it serves the divisive goal of making police afraid of the public, which leads to the public being afraid of the police, which leads to more escalation, overtime, and military toys.

I watched the hour plus body cam video from homicidal officer Rolfe in Atlanta. The part that killed me was when he was talking with his superior officer and they laughed about how there must be a lot of accidents in the police parking garage due to the poor parking, but they get reported as property damage rather than going on the officers record. Wink wink. He said that knowing his body cam was rolling on what would obviously be the most carefully reviewed night of his life. And then we find out that he has been in five reported car accidents. Who knows how much “property damage“ he suffered.

The other funny-sad part from his body cam footage was a little rant about how everyone at the PD dropped the ball on fixing the crack in the window of the cruiser (which is covered in clear tape that is starting to peel off from being there so long).

So of course the police union isn’t going after the police maintenance coordinators who are responsible for making sure lugnuts get tightened. It wouldn’t look so good to warn against their fellow police workers who probably have no incentive to keep the cars safe. Their union surely protects them from consequences even of endangering their fellow officers.

5 Likes

Here in Spokane, even pedestrians whose hat bands leave imprints in your bumper when you hit them at 70+ mph count as nothing but regrettable property damage.

Hell, say the pedestrian was drunk and you can even excuse the police for plowing into them because they were typing on their patrol laptop while speeding.

Notably, in both cases the police were speeding and didn’t have their lights or sirens on. The county sheriff even goes so far as to justify the first case by claiming the officer was being more safe and responsible for not using his sirens while screaming down an arterial at 2.5 times the speed limit because the sirens would have obliged him to use the left travel lane before making a right-hand turn.

(What you can’t do, apparently, is go on to rape another officer a few years later, which this fine upstanding law enforcement officer gentleman did… that’s apparently the only no-no.)

Amazingly, the second pedestrian killing was what I was originally looking for. The rape case involving the same officer and the other pedestrian killing both came up before that in my searching.

6 Likes

Police Benevolent Association president Patrick Lynch:

2 Likes

Yeah when I was searching for the police car tampering story it was buried in an avalanche of stories about police tampering with evidence.

It is AFAIK standard procedure for members of the Police Service of Northern Ireland to check for bombs under their (personal) cars before driving them, something that sadly is still necessary- the most recent attempt was in 2019.

Of course, the NYPD has no reason to fear that sort of thing (and, at least historically, would be more inclined to sympathise with the people planting the bombs)…

1 Like

seem to remember but vaguely a yogurt manufacturer making a tv ad which portrays the overload ordering a servant to test the food thank you…

hat about 1 minute…

1 Like

I’m sure that’s the reason. The NYPD are under attack by the civilian fashion police. It has absolutely nothing to do with them being violent and corrupt.

5 Likes

I guessing this wasn’t sarcasm, but the NYPD (and LAPD, etc. etc.) does have reason to fear attacks.

Not because anyone is actually attacking them, but because, as Lynch knows, attacks would be understandable. And such attacks are the language NYPD knows.

I think it is a combination of guilty conscience and projection.

2 Likes

The New York Post is such a rag. What a crap article.

3 Likes

Ha! Good point. It’s nothing to do with how they behave while wearing those uniforms. To paraphrase a recent quote from the news, “Who wears black in the NY sun? Who does that?” /s

1 Like
9 Likes