NYT first article about Hitler (1922): his "anti-Semitism not so genuine or violent as it sounded"

You know, I’m not defending Trump in the slightest here, I just cringe at the constant use of Hitler as some kind of measuring stick to judge politicians. Admittedly Trump and his minions come closer than anyone else in recent memory, but the Hitler reference just smacks of intellectual laziness, it’s been ruined by overuse.

I think Trump could maybe be more dangerous than Hitler, since he would have a nuclear arsenal at his fingertips, and control of a huge economy. Perhaps future generations will have Trump to use as an example of a horrible autocrat of a different stripe than Hitler: “You sir, are worse than Trump!

1 Like

I said no such thing and didn’t assume so… I was making a joke.

1 Like

(sorry)

1 Like

No worries…

1 Like

Yeah, the real question isn’t whether Trump is Hitler, because he isn’t. The real question is whether a generation from now people will say, “If you had a Time Machine, would you go back and kill Trump before he could…?”

5 Likes

And why haven’t they showed up yet? Where’s Percival Dunwoody?

7 Likes

. . . except Trump.

1 Like

5 Likes

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Depends on how informed the person who makes the comparison is.

2 Likes

MeowMeowBeenz is my all time favorite episode.

I give you a 5.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.